Dfw area friendly inspection plz help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dfw area friendly inspection plz help

my inspection is out on my truck, its the new body style toyota tundra and the only thing that wont pass inspection is the freaking "eyebrow" tint

the little strip across the windshield, which is stupid cuz it dosent get in my way of seeing anything far up the road, if someone sat in my driver seat they would understand. i wanted my truck to look good so i had the tint guy run the tint even with the rear-view mirror so everything lines up and looks clean

i know there has to be someone out there to help me, when i had my 02' SS with long tubes to lanes true duals and no cats and a loud *** t-rex cam i posted up and got someone to help inspect that

this is nothing to inspect if you ask me
if anyone could help please p.m. me thanks....
Old 07-06-2009, 07:52 PM

i would like 2 know as well, im also in dfw
Old 07-06-2009, 07:54 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Take tint off and pass. Pretty simple if you ask me.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Take tint off and pass. Pretty simple if you ask me.
its not that simple, sure i can take the tint off and get the inspection anywhere but then to get it to look right again i have to find a tint shop that will tint past that stupid AS-1 line again, for now i am in the foreclosure business and i dont have alot of time on my hands to screw around with stupid stuff

i just need a small favor and i would assume something this small wouldnt be such a challenge for anyone in the inspection business if anyone could plz help it would be much appreciated
Old 07-07-2009, 02:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bjjblackbelt
my inspection is out on my truck, its the new body style toyota tundra and the only thing that wont pass inspection is the freaking "eyebrow" tint

the little strip across the windshield, which is stupid cuz it dosent get in my way of seeing anything far up the road, if someone sat in my driver seat they would understand. i wanted my truck to look good so i had the tint guy run the tint even with the rear-view mirror so everything lines up and looks clean

i know there has to be someone out there to help me, when i had my 02' SS with long tubes to lanes true duals and no cats and a loud *** t-rex cam i posted up and got someone to help inspect that

this is nothing to inspect if you ask me
if anyone could help please p.m. me thanks....
pm me
Old 07-07-2009, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

texas inspection law states that if the eyebrow comes down below the as1 line [usually on the passenger side of the windshield] it fails! or if it does not have an as1 line then its 5inches from the top of the windshield!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Launching!

take that ugly **** off, and go anywhere, simple as that