Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here seen an ls1 transplanted into a 04 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here seen an ls1 transplanted into a 04 Mustang?

Well im kickin the idea around about throwing one of my spare motors into my fiances 04 v6 convert mustang. Ive had trouble finding any info on these generations of stangs accepting a lsx style motor. Anyone know of kmembers that can be made to fit them in and what type of fitment issues i can expect with that and a t56? Im not afraid to chop and weld it into submission either

Updates:
A complete kit with k-member,a-arms,coilover kit,cc/plates,engine mounts and trans mount is $1138.00 from Anthony Jones Engineering. Part numbers are as follows Kit M33C175 (MU-30UM,MU-6000,MU-7000-175,MU-8000) and Trans Crossmember MU-7076

Last edited by Stryker; 07-07-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 07-06-2009, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

well i might make this my catch all for the info i find on this topic because i already found aje makes a tubular k member for this exact thing. they sell them on jegs of all places. guess conversions are becoming mainstream.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You *should* be able to use a stock V8 crossmember and the misc. associated bits, there are some benefits to an aftermarket crossmember, but stock can do just fine. The inst. cluster is driven by the computer, you'll either need some sort of interface box, or figure out how to run the Mustang cluster with the LS1 PCM, which supposedly has been done, or you can cheat and run a 94-95 cluster, LS1 cluster, or aftermarket gauge setup. I guess you could keep the mustang PCM just to run the cluster, but that seems like needless complicated crap.

Probably need LS1 accessory setup and such and car intake, but a T56 or 4L60E should fit with no problem.

Crap, now I want to build an 04GT with an LS2/A4 for a daily driver. LOL With that in mind, I'd be interested to find out if the stuff is out there to make it look and work like factory. Hmm...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6.0Nova?
The inst. cluster is driven by the computer, you'll either need some sort of interface box, or figure out how to run the Mustang cluster with the LS1 PCM, which supposedly has been done, or you can cheat and run a 94-95 cluster, LS1 cluster, or aftermarket gauge setup. I guess you could keep the mustang PCM just to run the cluster, but that seems like needless complicated crap.
This is what i'm stuck on. Auto meter has a nice set up with there gauges and bezel that fits right in. Buts its pretty pricey. Around a 500 bucks!!
Why do you say to use a 94-95 cluster?

Last edited by BlackTA96; 07-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackTA96
This is what i'm stuck on. Auto meter has a nice set up with there gauges and bezel that fits right in. Buts its pretty pricey. Around a grand!!
Why do you say to use a 94-95 cluster?
The 94-95 cars are extremely similar so it should pop right in and it's a conventional setup more or less like a 3rd gen F-body. After seeing an LS1 cluster in a 95GT, I have to wonder what it would take to put it in because it would basically eliminate this little hurdle and it doesn't even look too out of place.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

another issue im trying to resolve is the connection of the clutch assembly since the mustang uses the cable system still

Quick Reply: Anyone here seen an ls1 transplanted into a 04 Mustang?