B.S. ticket question??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default B.S. ticket question??

Got pulled over for the following ticket "Unsafe start from parked, stopped or standing position".

I was at a red light and lightly rolled out to around 15mph and then proceeded to accelerate quickly to the speed limit. At no point did my tires break loose or go over the speed limit. The trooper even said I wasn't speeding.

How easy is this to get dismissed? Seems like a B.S. ticket and all he was hoping for was that I was drunk which I hadn't had a drink all day. Not to mention he wrote Harris county on the ticket and it was issued in Montgomery, so I have to drive to a court that doesn't even have jurisdiction.

Advise?
Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

google + David Sprecher
Old 07-06-2009, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

that's retarded
Old 07-07-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

ive gotton that one like 3 times lol! never broke my tires loose either... they dont care.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 AM

True, this ticket is sort of shady. ex. accel. is also. This citation is one of those thats always "officer judgement" so it's kind hard to get out of. But you could always try to take to court. Just don't seem like a jackass, disrespectful in court, nothing like that.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

LOL, I drive like that all the time. What a crock o'crap.

Vernon
Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

A good ole "Exhibition of Speed" ticket, used to get them all the time.
Well thats what they were called in our parts.

But ya one of those Officer judgement tickets. tuff to beat those. My advise,,,,,,,,,,, Watch for cops. If your not sure if ones around dont do somthing that can get you in trouble haha.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Teching In

today i had to stop at a green light because a pedestrial crossed infront of me, after they had crossed i accelerated around a right had turn to get out of the way of speeding trafffic behind me and my back tires broke loose after going over the cross walk paint for not even a second. i then got pulled over and got an exhibition of speed ticket... how is that fair? i was just trying to get out of the way to avoid an accident
also doesnt help that the road had oil on it and was dirty and the cop was a good 200 feet away around a corner so he cudnt see anything..

what do i do or say???
... im going to court to fight this one becaus thats not right
Old 09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jvlz28
Got pulled over for the following ticket "Unsafe start from parked, stopped or standing position".

I was at a red light and lightly rolled out to around 15mph and then proceeded to accelerate quickly to the speed limit. At no point did my tires break loose or go over the speed limit. The trooper even said I wasn't speeding.

How easy is this to get dismissed? Seems like a B.S. ticket and all he was hoping for was that I was drunk which I hadn't had a drink all day. Not to mention he wrote Harris county on the ticket and it was issued in Montgomery, so I have to drive to a court that doesn't even have jurisdiction.

Advise?
Go to a traffic lawyer and see what they say...that's your best bet. But when I looked up the Texas Law book for traffic, it said nothing about these tickets at all......with a lawyer you can probably get out of it.

Originally Posted by LivFastLs1
today i had to stop at a green light because a pedestrial crossed infront of me, after they had crossed i accelerated around a right had turn to get out of the way of speeding trafffic behind me and my back tires broke loose after going over the cross walk paint for not even a second. i then got pulled over and got an exhibition of speed ticket... how is that fair? i was just trying to get out of the way to avoid an accident
also doesnt help that the road had oil on it and was dirty and the cop was a good 200 feet away around a corner so he cudnt see anything..

what do i do or say???
again exhibition of speed according to the Texas laws I read talked about basically exhibition of speed as a "street racing" crime. IE its mentions it has to be on a highway and has to be another car against which your "displaying your speed" ...basically racing to the speed limit.. But it does mention the other car being involved. If you ask me these are all bullshit tickets.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jvlz28

Advise?
Some counties have a shared jurisdiction agreement, ie: if an officer catches someone speeding as they cross a county line, that officer can follow and give the citation and be completely legal. Did this happen in montgomery and just get issued in Harris?

Originally Posted by LivFastLs1
what do i do or say???
If you have a good driving record you could probably get off by just explaining to the judge it was a simple mistake. Maybe take some pictures of that spot to show how slick it is and also explain the effects of posi while making a turn. Judges are usually WAY cooler than the officer, especially if you show them your actually a decent person.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:40 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I...never mind. I refuse to comment.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

I got pulled over last night for going to slow. A Trooper had a hard on for the Firehawk after doing just what the original poster did in his sight so he gave follow, about 4 cars behind. But I never would break the limit. Some A-hole in a big SUV tailgated me for about 8 miles with the statey right on his butt trying to see what I was doing. At every light I zoomed upto the limit then watched them both speed until they caught upto me. After catching upto a slow moving truck at a light I got sick of the three foot following distance and stood on the brakes. We were only doing about 10-15 and the SUV started to move over to keep from hitting us. Does that mean he's too close at 15 MPH? No. It means I get pulled over for impedeing traffic. I may have stopped for 1 second before starting again, probably less I didn't want to get plowed. Never lost ground on the truck ahead who was just going through 20 gears and getting no where. But it was enough to pull over a red T/A and give me the business I guess. Dangerous 2 ton truck driver 1, red sports car driver who points this out 0.
I recieved two warnings, our registration was just out. We had the sticker in the car but it wasn't dispayed so here's your warning.

Vernon
Old 09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Some counties have a shared jurisdiction agreement, ie:
i've never heard of a "shared jurisdiction agreement"

simple: if you violate any law in the city that the cop see's you in, he can follow you into another city or even county to issue you a citation.

example: Houston PD is sitting on the southbound side of 288 and Reed Road (city of Houston). a Camaro SS comes flying by at over 90mph. cop turns the car on and is now in pursuit. you could get all the way down to freakin 518 in Pearland and he could STILL pull you over because the violation occured in his city.

hell, he could even pull you over in freakin Alvin if he REALLY wanted to **** with you.

also, if you think a Houston cop doesn't have the "jurisdiction" to pull you over in Alvin or Pearland, Humble or even in Atascosita, you're wrong.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Jurisdiction isn't the question so much as WHERE the citation says the alleged crime took place. For instance, if you were in Montgomery county the whole time and it was a Montgomery county officer, I think the ticket could be dismissed due to the officer's error.

If you are a gambling man, protest the citation and the officer might skip the court date thus dismissing your ticket entirely. If you are an insurance man, find a traffic attorney for $75 and let him take care of it.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

yeah, i was responding to stover.

p.s.
to the OP, do you know 100% that you were in Montgomery and not Harris !?!? like 100% sure !?!?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got an exibition of acceleration ticket way back in the early 90's. I deserved it. Smoke was boiling off of my back tires. Cop was pretty cool even though he wrote me a ticket. Said it was his first one of those to write.

Last edited by cambirdracing; 09-03-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Display of Acceleration is the ticket I got back in my college days. Kinda sucked as I was on campus at A&M and the pavement was wet asphault and they broke loose on me without even bliping the throttle. Gotta be careful, but I am sure if you have a good driving record you can get the judge to let you off if you go before him and explain the situation. Take pictures of the intersection with you to make your point.