Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 into 69 GTO (fuel tank)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 into 69 GTO (fuel tank)

I have heard the Impala tank and others. Parts place sells a fuel pump inside tank for $600 recommondations anyone? Does anyone have any conversion parts they want to part with I have a 99 ls1 complete that I plan to install.

Thanks Shane
Old 07-06-2009, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I cut a piece out of the top of mine and welded a square box around the stock fuel pickup. Cost me $20 and some time.

Then just put an external pump and ran new hardline (whole roll from summit for $25-30), used compression fittings to connect everything (including connecting the stock ls1 quick disconnect to my hardline). I used the corvette filter regulator and ran the return into one of the stock tank vent tubes.

Super cheap and works great, finally found its limit at under 5 gallons of fuel during a WOT pull. Other than that it's never had a hiccup.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 95 Impala tank in mine.. setup with a Racetronix pump (Walbro) and wiring harness.. Should work on your A-Body.. might need minor triming on the inside of the frame..I had to just trim 1/4" for about 8"-9" of the lower/inside frame for the tank to have the clearance it needed to keep from rubbing.

There are many otehr options with using both internal and external pump setup. These range from many:
1) just using external pump,
2) slumping the stock tank for the external pump..
3) to using the TanksINC setup
4) or going with the Spectra intank and other aftermarket tanks (Rock Valley and Rick's).
5) using a donner tank from some other late model FI car (GM B-Body's).

But the main consern is fuel starvation.. good slump's, baffles or other setup are a must.

Good luck on pickking.. hope these suggestions help.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help