Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got A Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got A Problem

Hey guys I've got the 5177 kit with the Remote bottle heater,Opener,FJO box. I went for a ride last night and did what I normally do, when I get in the car I open the bottle and then turn the heater on(expecting some action). As I drove my pressure went up to normal 900ish but sad to say nobody was out so I shut the bottle heater then closed the bottle. I still had about 900 in the lines since that's what my guage read. I then went to the bank and when I walked out it sounded like a purge but didn't know where it came from since it was kinda july 5th and all, Thought might have been fireworks. I then got back into my car and started to drive off, I notice that my pressure was gone down to 0. I then opened the bottle and heard the nitrous coming out and saw the steam from underneath my hood. I closed the bottle and the next morning asked my father if he saw anything/Nitrous coming out of the solenoids he said no appears to be underneath the car.

So my question to you all is that since I've had the kit installed since October 2008 would my solenoids be bad or is it a hole in the line or something else. Only happens when I turn the bottle on not activate the kit.

My driving habit is that when I go out I turn everything on just in case, but on the way home I shut everything off and let the nitrous that is in the lines just bleed out by itself. What should I do gonna go to the shop next week, kinda busy, car runs fine BTW with out the bottle.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Mine found a weak spot in one of the fittings a few times. I tend to run 1100psi at the track. The first time I got the bottle to 1100 the line started leaking where it connects to the N2O Solenoid. All I had to do was tighten it. If you are losing nitrous underneath the car then the main nitrous feed line is probably ruptured.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

let the nitrous that is in the lines just bleed out by itself.
honestly the nitrous should not bleed off by itself unless you have a leak in the system. You should be "purging" your main feed line of pressure.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02ws602wrx
Hey guys I've got the 5177 kit with the Remote bottle heater,Opener,FJO box. I went for a ride last night and did what I normally do, when I get in the car I open the bottle and then turn the heater on(expecting some action). As I drove my pressure went up to normal 900ish but sad to say nobody was out so I shut the bottle heater then closed the bottle. I still had about 900 in the lines since that's what my guage read. I then went to the bank and when I walked out it sounded like a purge but didn't know where it came from since it was kinda july 5th and all, Thought might have been fireworks. I then got back into my car and started to drive off, I notice that my pressure was gone down to 0. I then opened the bottle and heard the nitrous coming out and saw the steam from underneath my hood. I closed the bottle and the next morning asked my father if he saw anything/Nitrous coming out of the solenoids he said no appears to be underneath the car.

So my question to you all is that since I've had the kit installed since October 2008 would my solenoids be bad or is it a hole in the line or something else. Only happens when I turn the bottle on not activate the kit.

My driving habit is that when I go out I turn everything on just in case, but on the way home I shut everything off and let the nitrous that is in the lines just bleed out by itself. What should I do gonna go to the shop next week, kinda busy, car runs fine BTW with out the bottle.
Yea it sounds like you might have a rupture in the line. Sometimes if they were twisted badly during install, scrapped on a speedbump, or someone put a lift or jack on it, or it rubbed a hole through a 12v wire and grounded itself to the chassis the teflon can rupture.

Nick
Old 07-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Launching!

Thanx for the input just a little afraid/nervous to find out gonna take soon to the guy who installed it and hopefully find out. After my 30th b-day LOL
Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i purged all of the pressure out of my lines when i was done and closing the bottle, no point in leaving 900psi of pressure on all of your fittings for no reason. just an fyi for futur reference. might save you some money
Old 07-13-2009, 07:39 AM
11 Second Club

just an idea, but if there is a hole, you will see it, it will be the big frosty spot on you line. Jack the car up, and have someone just open the bottle for a sec, and take a look. its pretty easy to detect a leak in something that comes out freezing cold. Like they said above, your system should not "bleed down" like you said. Really sounds like some loose lines somewhere.

just my 2 cents