Looking to move out to TEXAS (everything is bigger in TEXAS even the name)

Old 07-07-2009, 02:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking to move out to TEXAS (everything is bigger in TEXAS even the name)

Ok, Ive been looking into moving out to Texas for a while now and Im just now becoming able to do so. Army contract coming to an end. I just wanted to get some input from you guys. I have talked to a few relators in a few areas. I mean Ive talked to them all over. I really like East TX. Basically for the prices and scenery. I mean I still get some grass. (I know thats a stereotype) Mainly Ive been looking in and around Palestine. Ive found 10+ acres with a home for under $100K. Now some of the homes look like a cabin used for hunting IMO. But its a start. I have a newborn and want to make a move and change before we get settled in where I am at now. So basically let me know where some of the best places to live are. I want to be around some sort of civiliation but away from people at the same time. I dont mind driving 30mins to an hour to go to WAL-MART.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lufkin, Tyler, Jacksonville, Longview
any of those would be a great choice.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:49 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by casper the ghost
Lufkin, Tyler, Jacksonville, Longview
any of those would be a great choice.
Those are pretty nice large towns/small cities. You could even look at small towns like Naples, Mount Pleasant, etc.

Just stay away from the meth lab hillbillies. Unfortunately there are some of those out that way.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frankston ... it's about 1/2 way between Palestine and Tyler.

Small town, decent school system, close to Lake Palestine, 30 minutes from Tyler housing/acerage is relatively inexpensive, lots of hils, grass and pines.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

outside san antonio has nice land, trees, hills, and grass!! If your just looking to move, tell us where your job will take you that way we can give you more info
Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

that area is nice, my uncle lives in tyler

so far my move has been pretty miserable...compared to NW Arkansas, the Dallas area blows in every way except there is a drag strip closer than 2 hours away

nothing but chain bullshit restaurants everywhere, shitty road construction, traffic, can barely get fast food in english, 20 minute drive to a liquor store, and I'm pretty sure I heard gunshots near my apartment a couple weeks ago...but to be fair I guess that's just "city life"

worst part is so far I've had no better luck finding a job here than where I was

you should be fine over there in the smaller areas though, I'm ready to find a job or move the hell that way myself
Old 07-07-2009, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fastvet
tell us where your job will take you that way we can give you more info

I will be in the market for such as well. That will be the biggest deciding factor of course. I have been thinking about Border Patrol, something along the police route.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

That's ur best bet I'm lookin to go that direction before the end of the year! Ide live anywhere west to north west of san antonio austin areas the east side is flat and full of trees the west is nice and lots of hills **** mountains to my ***... And so far every where up that way the people I've met have been nice...
Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Move to houston!!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:07 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zz28Junior
Move to houston!!

The OP is asking about East Texas, more specifically Northeast Texas.

Looks like he wants land and countryside, not the urban jungle.

When he means he's OK with driving 30 minutes to Walmart, he means because it is 30 miles away, not 5 miles of Houston traffic.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS

The OP is asking about East Texas, more specifically Northeast Texas.

Looks like he wants land and countryside, not the urban jungle.

When he means he's OK with driving 30 minutes to Walmart, he means because it is 30 miles away, not 5 miles of Houston traffic.
agreed...cities suck ***
Old 07-07-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check eagle pass Tx its right on the border and I'm sure they have lots of land....
Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

i would like to move from Houston area to mount Bellevue... they have good schools for your kids you can find a good piece off land and your close to the county but still can get to the city if you want to or the beach or whatever... its nice and its not to far from Baytown drag strip... but thats my openion, ive been to alot off places and have been to cali a couple times for Shutdowns, and nothing its as good as Texas, and the girls are prettier hear to! the only thing i would say is you’ll miss about cali is that their is no mosquitoes, or humidity in cali.

Search this Thread