Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a good dry system to hide?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a good dry system to hide?

so i want to spray the car now and kind of want a dry system.my main goal is to completly hide the system.there are a few people that want to run me on the street and i feel like being a little sneaky.was thinking of running the compucar bottle in a bag due to the nylon line and the silonoide being at the bottle and was planning on putting the bottle in the spare tire well so its not visible.and was gonna run the nylon line to the front of the air box underneath so its not visable and so there is enough distance between the maf and line.i would like to run a 150 dry shot but kit is limited to a 100 shot.what would you guys suggest the car is in sig.was already planning on a fuel pump and tune
and heres a link to the kit

http://www.compucarnitrous.com/index...kits&Itemid=66
Old 07-07-2009, 05:38 AM
12 Second Club

Hide everything. Have the nozzles under the lid, route black loom over everything. Use an ashtray switch, and have the bottle/heater etc under the spare tire area.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:40 AM
FormerVendor

Not sure if i could bring myself to by a kit with small, medium and large jets, lol whatever that means. If i were you i would stick with the site sponsors. Our single nozzle dry kit will work well and there are plent of places to hide everything. You dont need a bag or whatever that is to hide a bottle, it probably wouldnt fool anyone anyway. just keep the bottle in the spare tire compartment. Other option would be using our interface controller so you can put the nozzle in any location you want. one would be tapping the end of the MAF housing. Not a lot of people would look there or notice it.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stangtrader
so i want to spray the car now and kind of want a dry system.my main goal is to completly hide the system.there are a few people that want to run me on the street and i feel like being a little sneaky.was thinking of running the compucar bottle in a bag due to the nylon line and the silonoide being at the bottle and was planning on putting the bottle in the spare tire well so its not visible.and was gonna run the nylon line to the front of the air box underneath so its not visable and so there is enough distance between the maf and line.i would like to run a 150 dry shot but kit is limited to a 100 shot.what would you guys suggest the car is in sig.was already planning on a fuel pump and tune
and heres a link to the kit

http://www.compucarnitrous.com/index...kits&Itemid=66
Our Dry Halo system is 100 percent Hidden and Dry. Check it out as well.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
any links to the kit?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
found the kit does the spray bar sit below the air filter?im kind of confused on this one.looks like it may be stealthy.does any one make fuel nozzles that spray straight out in a fan not at a 90 deg like all fogger nozzles?if i could hide a wet setup that would be ideal but i dont know how i would.my problem is i would have to not be able to see any thing my self thats why im being picky.i want to be able to let some one look under the hood for 5 min and not be able to find any thing.
thanks joe
Old 07-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Teching In

found the kit does the spray bar sit below the air filter?
Not to jump in, but...on top of the filter (i.e. under the lid, on top of filter). FWIW, I have one of these in my desk. Very nice piece, very stealthy, and claimed to be a better spray pattern over the MAF (sounds logical).

I was always curious about tapping the other side of the halo and running a second stage...
Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

put the bottle in the dash and run the nozzle to the underside of the lid
Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

thinking im gonna go with the dry halo system looks like it should work good and be hidden.i need to try and buy this kit and get a base tune in the next month so my friend who is in australlia wont know what hit him
time to charm some snakes
Old 07-11-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

y not save some time and not pop your hood lol. seems logical to me. obviously people are gonna know what you have after you woop someones *** the first time for no apparent reason. it wont be long before they know
Old 07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

plus EVERYONE knows to check the spare tire compartment, that hasnt been a secret for a very long time. so if you want to keep it hidden, just don't pop hood or hatch
Old 07-12-2009, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

yeah people around here are dumb and wont think to look in the spare tire well.as for under the hood they will look.ls1 maros are not real popular around here for some reason so 90 percent of the people dont have a clue so that is the one advantage and they wont see anything if i pop the hood then thell pass judgement.but contemplating just going wet.now the real question is can i make a hatch for the fuel pump with out droping the tank?looked at it with my car on a lift at work and looks kind of like a pain to drop the tank.
thanks joe
Old 07-13-2009, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

i have heard of people doing that with the fuel tank, im sure there is a write up on here somewhere about it
Old 07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AGRV8TD
put the bottle in the dash and run the nozzle to the underside of the lid
How do you fit a 10lb bottle under the dash?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let me find the pics of my car... i know its in a thread somewhere..
Old 07-13-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's install pics on my car.... its got a HSW sudden impact kit that came with the car when i got it..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ps-gauges.html
Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bill12690
here's install pics on my car.... its got a HSW sudden impact kit that came with the car when i got it..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ps-gauges.html
thanks for the link i like your set up.i was thinking of mounting the bottle vertical so the liquid n2o is at the bottom of the bottle but i dont know if it will fit.i was thinking of putting the noids right above the a/c condesor so they are not visible at all.looks like the hsw wet kits are the winner if i go wet
at that point im just gonna buy a plate.probly gonna make a hatch for the fuel pump in the next few weeks found a great wright up with measurments to do it.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Nitrous Outlet 04-06 GTO HALO Dry System w/10lb Bottle)
Nitrous Outlet 98-02 F-body Filter Entry HALO Dry System w/10lb Bottle
Nitrous Outlet GM EFI Large Distribution Ring System w/10lb Bottle
Nitrous Outlet GM EFI Small Distribution Ring System w/10lb Bottle

Click VIEW LARGE to get a larger pic and a better idea what your looking at.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

probly gonna make a hatch for the fuel pump in the next few weeks found a great wright up with measurments to do it.
Id really like to see the writeup. I did one on a 3rd gen a long time ago. Car-lots man, sneaky sneaky. I just do my job lol.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
plus EVERYONE knows to check the spare tire compartment, that hasnt been a secret for a very long time. so if you want to keep it hidden, just don't pop hood or hatch
That's funny. I've never understood why people try to make a sleeper. I'd rather have a car that shakes, steel braided lines everywhere, and all your parts just kickin it.

It's obvious either way unless you race only once, or you just like the thrill to beat someone when they think they're going to win.

Quick Reply: a good dry system to hide?