Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I've got a mini-tubbing question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've got a mini-tubbing question.

Hey guys,

If you've read my other threads you know that I'm wanting to run 18x11.5 Profil 13's & 335 tires on a '98-02 camaro. Now I have stated that I don't want to mini-tub the car and the main reason for that is it's not going to be a drag or race car and I prefer not to cut it up. Also I don't want to lose the ability to use the rear seats or rear hatch area. If I can do it without losing the rear seats & hatch then I will consider it.

My question is, can I just mini-tub an inch or two or does it come with pre made dimensions? I should only need a slight amount to accommodate the 335s right? And how much does mini-tubbing cost? I really want to run 335s, love the look and I will be making some power. A LSX 454 is planned to go into the car, now I won't be racing but I still want to be able to make sure I get enough contact to the pavement with the HP that thing will have.

Hopefully I won't have to do it. I've seen others who managed to fit tires that size without it and I'd really like to find out how they did it. Correct offset is one of the factors but obviously there is quite a bit of "massaging" (and I use the term loosely, ha ha) and such that would be required.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any info, pros & cons of doing a mini-tub. I checked out Wolfe Racecraft and they have a kit that looks like it has what I would be willing to consider. It only comes in a couple of inches or so in the hatch area. That would be acceptable and not too intrusive. That's what I would be worried about, that and the cost to actually install it.