What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What would you buy? Opinions needed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you buy? Opinions needed!

I've come across 2 cars I'm interested in and I'd like your opinions on which would be the better/smarter buy. I only plan on owning either car for the summer and selling in the Spring when I move out, so re-sell is pretty important.

2001 Pewter WS6 - $12k, private party KBB is $11.7k.
Pros - 40k miles, loaded, good condition, all stock, older owner, clean carfax, lots of dealership scheduled maintence records show up on carfax, speedline wheels, only 75 miles away.
Cons - higher insurance than the '98, I plan on adding a catback so I'll have another $300-$400 I'll need to put in it.

1998 Black WS6 - $10.5k, KBB private party is $8.4k.
Pros - 39k miles, also loaded and in good condition, stock except has a catback already, clean carfax but no detail in it; just titles issued.
Cons - younger owner and 350 miles away.

Right now I'm leaning towards the '01; it's much closer, I have more detailed info on it, the owner is more cooperative, has the LS6 intake and probably wasn't beat on much if any. Mechanically, the reliability factor is pretty much the same, right?

Thanks everyone
Old 07-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ninety_1_Notch
I've come across 2 cars I'm interested in and I'd like your opinions on which would be the better/smarter buy. I only plan on owning either car for the summer and selling in the Spring when I move out, so re-sell is pretty important.

2001 Pewter WS6 - $12k, private party KBB is $11.7k.
Pros - 40k miles, loaded, good condition, all stock, older owner, clean carfax, lots of dealership scheduled maintence records show up on carfax, speedline wheels, only 75 miles away.
Cons - higher insurance than the '98, I plan on adding a catback so I'll have another $300-$400 I'll need to put in it.

1998 Black WS6 - $10.5k, KBB private party is $8.4k.
Pros - 39k miles, also loaded and in good condition, stock except has a catback already, clean carfax but no detail in it; just titles issued.
Cons - younger owner and 350 miles away.

Right now I'm leaning towards the '01; it's much closer, I have more detailed info on it, the owner is more cooperative, has the LS6 intake and probably wasn't beat on much if any. Mechanically, the reliability factor is pretty much the same, right?

Thanks everyone

The '01 is a much better deal IMO.........most of the time, they'll 'deal' if you have ca$h!
Old 07-11-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

The 2001 will sell easier for you since that is what you are looking at down the road. Most buyers look for 'newer' cars so that is a plus for you. I also like the documented records from an older individual. That 2001 is a good deal to me. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep i would get the 01

Quick Reply: What would you buy? Opinions needed!