General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My car seems to be running "weird'. Any ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My car seems to be running "weird'. Any ideas??

Well, a few weeks ago I got my fuel pump and fuel filter swapped bc my car was bogging down bad. It fixed that problem, and then it started taking a few seconds to start. I took it back to the shop and they swapped in a "good" used regulator, and that seems to have fixed that problem...

Now to the new problem. Which may or may not be related to the work I had done...

My idle seems "weak", it has died a couple times when reversing/going into first. When I push on the clutch when driving, the car seems weak. Kind of hard to explain. Also, when I used to use the AC, my RPMS would raise(I think it was a tuning issue). It no longer does that. I think its related to my current issue. I have a fuel pressure gauge in the car, and it was reading 40 when I got the fuel pump changed(which wasnt accurate, the shops gauge showed 60). Now my gauge is reading 38, and when I accelerate, the fuel pressure is going down. Shouldnt it be going up?

Any help is appreciated.

Patrick.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

I wouldnt really worry bout the rpms raising a tad with the ac, sounds like just the pcm trying to compensate for the extra load, unless its raising up a lot. Idk much about fuel systems as mine is all stock. I wouldnt put to much worry into that fuel gauge you got there, it sounds like its wrong to begin with to me. Sorry I couldnt be of more help, free bump tho
Old 07-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Well, a few weeks ago I got my fuel pump and fuel filter swapped bc my car was bogging down bad. It fixed that problem, and then it started taking a few seconds to start. I took it back to the shop and they swapped in a "good" used regulator, and that seems to have fixed that problem...

Now to the new problem. Which may or may not be related to the work I had done...

My idle seems "weak", it has died a couple times when reversing/going into first. When I push on the clutch when driving, the car seems weak. Kind of hard to explain. Also, when I used to use the AC, my RPMS would raise(I think it was a tuning issue). It no longer does that. I think its related to my current issue. I have a fuel pressure gauge in the car, and it was reading 40 when I got the fuel pump changed(which wasnt accurate, the shops gauge showed 60). Now my gauge is reading 38, and when I accelerate, the fuel pressure is going down. Shouldnt it be going up?

Any help is appreciated.

Patrick.
Was it a factory pump? The fuel Pressure is going down according to the gauge in the car?

And if your aftermarket gauge seemingly is incorrect have you tryed to put a fuel pressure gauge on the rail and tape it to the windshield while driving to verify your gauge reading?