Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pcv valve trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcv valve trouble

Whats up guys? I just picked me up a 2002 camaro ss and the only thing that ive noticed is the pcv valve closest to the throttle body is all cracked up and rotted. I went to autozone to figure out what the part was because I was clueless, and that was a stupid decision. they broke it completley off. I went to the chevy dealership and they said they dont just sell the pvc, but they sell the whole contraption. which is 139 dollars. Is there a cheaper way?? And Btw.... I dont wanna put on a catch can or take the pcv valve off and cap the throttle body off. I wanna leave it just like it is except fresh rubber. Help????!!!????
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread has some info about that:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...alve-boot.html
Old 07-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Screw all that....go buy 3/8" hose and make whatever you want for less than $10.00.

Or do what I did a couple weeks ago. $6.00, take all the PCV stuff off. So far so good.
I now have absolutely no more oil going into my intake, ever. I know some will give me the toxic fumes speech, but I don't buy it, especially for anyone who changes their oil every 3,000 miles. It'll be just fine. I;m sure for those who let their oil go for 7,000 miles maybe they'll get bad oil. For a car thats driven every day where the oil isn't sitting for long periods of time, I don't see the problem with having no PCV.

You can see in the first picture I capped off all 3 ports. two on the TB and the one on the valve cover. The one on the valve cover and the top one on the TB have been capped off for like 6 years. The lower TB port I just capped off and added that filter to my valley cover port to the crankcase so if pressure builds it can escape.

Change your oil every 3,000, which for me is 2 months....there's NO WAY my oil will get toxic or whatever people thing happens.

Last edited by LS6427; 11-29-2009 at 07:02 PM.