Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

**Denver (CO, WY, SD, MT, NE) V Track Day / Meet (8/14/09) - Who's got the huevos?**

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default **Denver (CO, WY, SD, MT, NE) V Track Day / Meet (8/14/09) - Who's got the huevos?**

Hey All,

In the past I have set up a couple of Cadillac meets in the Denver Metro area when I was still living there in 2006 (10 Vs and 1 CTS attended) and 2007 (7 Vs attended). It has been a few years since the last one so I have come up with a great idea to make our own little Western State V Day.

I know this is fairly short notice for something like this but I figured if I gave at least one month's notice people should be able to plan for this meet. Anyway, today I will be signing up for a full day of lapping at High Plains Raceway (HPR) near Byers, CO for August 14, 2009. The map says that the track is about 60 miles east of Denver on I-70. The track looks like an awesome high speed, differing elevation track that could really favor the CTS-V platform (heavy, high horsepower car).

My question is: Who is interested? I think this would be a blast. The prices seem reasonable ($150 for a full day of lapping or $90 for a half day). This would be a great time to put some forum names to faces, and let me tell you that the previous two gatherings were super fun and it was like a big group of CTS-V nerds (I mean that in an endearing way) talking about their mods, experiences, etc.

I know there has to be a couple of Denver area guys that would be interested. Everybody who is interested please chime in and also get yourself signed up for the track day. If for some reason you can't make it on the 14th of August, you could always cancel for a full refund. Let me know what you guys think.

I have attached a picture of the Track for you all to salivate over. Any of you guys who have never tracked your V, you absolutely do not know what you are missing. It is 100% the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Attached Thumbnails **Denver (CO, WY, SD, MT, NE) V Track Day / Meet (8/14/09) - Who's got the huevos?**-track-map-large_resized.gif  
Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Come on, no takers? There has to be a couple of guys close to the Denver area that have a car that desperately needs to see some track time.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

So far I got myself and two other guys (from the other forum) interested in coming to HPR, it's gonna be badass.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

I'll be there whether I race or not.