Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on a leaking theromostat and neck

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help on a leaking theromostat and neck

Well I have a 2001 camaro ls1 but the water pump is not I guess with the help of a speed shop and from what iam telling them. On a 2001 z thermostat, it's all one peice, the neck and therom. Mine is not. There's three peice's, the neck , theromostat and the seal. It's not an o-ring seal. The shop is saying I might have a ls2 pump. Well with out them seeing it the really couldn't help. So here i am. I am about to go take pictures and post them.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:16 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The difference is pretty easy to spot - the LS2 pulley is flat and the LS1 looks like a bell.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ACONLP
Well I have a 2001 camaro ls1 but the water pump is not I guess with the help of a speed shop and from what iam telling them. On a 2001 z thermostat, it's all one peice, the neck and therom. Mine is not. There's three peice's, the neck , theromostat and the seal. It's not an o-ring seal. The shop is saying I might have a ls2 pump. Well with out them seeing it the really couldn't help. So here i am. I am about to go take pictures and post them.
Mine is the same as your's ('01 z28). Though everyone says it's one piece, I was able to remove the T-stat (and seal) from the housing. I then compared the LS1 T-stat to an LS2 T-stat, and near as I can tell they're the same. Am I missing something?

If it's leaking, pehaps the seal is bad or the T-stat housing isn't flat?

Andy1
Old 07-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well hell. i stoped by the auto store before and got a ls2 thermo, well i took mine out, compared it to the ls2 one. i didnt put the gasket around the edge like the one i got from the store. so yeah it was going to leak. well i put the new one in that i just got and its not leaking yet. i have not started it yet either, but last time it was leaking before i started it, so has of right now it looks good.

trials and errors

oh and the pulley is flat too thanks

Quick Reply: Help on a leaking theromostat and neck