Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

torque arm 12-bolt

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque arm 12-bolt

im looking for a after market torque arm. i have only checked BMR and they had a posting on their product(s) something about BMR torque arms and moser 12-bolts. any opinions on which kind or brand i should go with. thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the BMR TPU001 trak pak torque arm, shown here. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=171

The problem with the 12 bolt is with the four bolts that attach the torque arm, as they tend to loosen up. Make sure you use loc-tite on them and periodically inspect them to make sure they stay tight. Bob
Old 07-13-2009, 08:40 AM
11 Second Club

I have the BMR full length adjustable one on my car and I like it. Only other one I have seen was a mad man TA and it was VERY nice.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

I have/had (demodding to sell) an Eldebrock non adjustable on my 12 bolt and had no problems.

I can testify to the bolts coming loose. I found both the top bolts loose on mine. I've read others say to tack weld them but I just used lock tight and a lot a torque. Haven't put enough miles since to know if it's enough.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a full length BMR adjustable on a moser 12-bolt. I used red loctite on mine, and they still eventually wiggled loose. i checked them once a week for a month, and then i took it for granted that they woudlnt come loose. dont do that. i broke my TA mount and DS trans yoke because of it. when i get the car back together, i'm having the bolts tack welded. the replacement mount that i bought from BMR is SIGNIFICANTLY beefier than the original mount on my torque arm. the metal is thicker, and there is extra bracing that didnt exist on my original. they have obviously made some design changes in the last 5 years.

also, BMR suggests using the 'inner' mounting holes on the torque arm, otherwise you risk the torque arm hitting the tunnel. This requires cutting the mount to line up with the holes on the moser 12-bolt. i used a 3" air cut off tool to make the cuts fairly easy, and the grinding wheel attachment on my dremel to clean up the sharp edges.