Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharger Air Lid Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Magnacharger Air Lid Adapter

I recently installed one of the Magnacharger blowers on my T/A and it came with a 92mm TB. (which is approximately 3 3/4" OD, I think)I have the SLP Airlid and the two dont line up very well (the blower is slightly offset) and they are not the same size OD. Does anyone know the OD of the SLP lid? Mine is at my shop and I'm at work trying to find some sort of coupling for it.

Also, does anyone have any creative ideas on how to connect the 2 pieces and keep it looking clean? The company I bought this kit isn't being very helpful at this point. They pretty much told me I was on my own for this step..

I know there are a few of you out there that have dealt with this. Here is a link to the closest thing I have found so far. Any idea's would be great.

http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.8741
Old 07-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I installed mine on my old SS, I noticed the blower seemed to be about 3/8" offset, and I had a 90mm tb. I got a kit that had a template to cut the lid at a weird angle to allow it to line up better, but still wasn't very good seal. I contemplated cutting the air box base to allow the rubber fitting to seat a little better on the lid and line up better with the blower and tb.

Aside from creating your own lid out of sheetmetal to compensate for the offset, you may have to get creative with your current setup. As quoted by someone a while back, these blower kits are not made to fit the F-body cars, the cars are adapted to the blower kits.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger Air Lid Adapter