Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals vs. ORY

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default True Duals vs. ORY

I was initially going to do a LT ORY and catback but I have been researching true duals and I have a few simple questions, partly because I am on a low budget.

Is a true dual system cheaper than a Y pipe setup? Thats what Ive seen so far.

What is the horsepower/torque gain difference between the two?

How badly does the true dual system resonate compared to a Y pipe setup?

For true duals, X or H pipe?

By the way right now I am choosing between Hooker and Pacesetter LT's and don't know what to do for an x/h pipe and mufflers. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1.as far as being cheaper, ive never seen a TD setup cheaper than an ORY. ESPECIALLY if you plan on going out the back.

2.next, youre just gonna have to search on the HP differnece, TONS of variables in that question. most people will get more with a TD setup, but a good Y (mandrel bent, flowmaster merge) hooked to a free flowing catback (corsa/borla whatever) is going ot put up a heck of a fight.

3.probably need to ride in one to judge for yourself, one man's unbearable is another man's daily driver

4. search on that one

really i would look at the TD sticky at the top of the page, tons of pics and guys describing their setups, alot of different ways to go about it. so hard to have an exact answer to all of your questions
Old 07-11-2009, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NastyNate65
I was initially going to do a LT ORY and catback but I have been researching true duals and I have a few simple questions, partly because I am on a low budget.

Is a true dual system cheaper than a Y pipe setup? Thats what Ive seen so far.

What is the horsepower/torque gain difference between the two?

How badly does the true dual system resonate compared to a Y pipe setup?

For true duals, X or H pipe?

By the way right now I am choosing between Hooker and Pacesetter LT's and don't know what to do for an x/h pipe and mufflers. Any help is appreciated.
Its usually cheaper if they're dumped, if ran out the back it can be more expensive

Duals give more both, everywhere. Not a mind blowing amount but its usually more

Dumped resonates alot, ran out the back is usually not much louder than a y pipe inside.

x pipe for better power (still sounds great) h pipe for better sound (still makes great power)

kooks = arh > qtp > jethot > hooker > pacesetter (there are alot of other great options but thats a simple guideline)

All of this could be found with a simple search. GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys, that pretty much confirms everything that i knew, which is great. It looks like I will be doing LT's with true duals dumped most likely. I will do some more searches too to figure out all the details.

Quick Reply: True Duals vs. ORY