General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver side window/mirror/power door lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driver side window/mirror/power door lock issues

Ok, anyone know what the problem is with this, sound like it may be the power door switch.

The door will not unlock with the remote and when I use the button on the Drivers side in the car it does not lock or unlock the Driver side lock. It does work on the passenger side with the remote and when I use the door lock button on the Drivers door it locks and unlocks the passenger door.

Also the Bracket broke on the mirror on the Drivers door, so I'm buying a bracket from Ebay, does anyone know where to unplug the cable to the mirror so I can put the new bracket in. I havent taken the panel apart so it may be apparent then, just want to make sure.

I have to replace the power window also, not working as well, but not sure if i need to replace the regulator as well. The window doesnt close all the way up, seems like it is offline, so there is a gap when the window does close. And when you are opening the window it kind of slips a little half way down.

So I figured fix everything at once, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

Sam
Old 07-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Ok, the mirror is easy, do nevermind that. I think the power door lock is the switch cause everything works fine on the Passenger side using the drive side door lock buttons and remote, so only driver side is not working, all wires look fine.

only thing is I dont see where to drill for the power window motor. Im going to replace that and see if the window goes all the way up.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Launching!

well it wasnt the window motor, the front part of the window still doesnt go all the way up.. Regulator? Anyone have this type of problem before?