International Members For our members outside of the USA

Damn skinny ass roads.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Damn skinny *** roads.

Who DD their fbodies on these skinny *** roads?

I'm a little leary of driving my camaro when I get it here. I've already curbed or kerbed my rental once from a kerb in the middle of the road.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where's here?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by USAF LS1
Where's here?
England. It's fun though.

EDIT: Make that twice I curbed my rental. Still getting hang of driving on the wrong side of the road and the wrong side of the car.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Maybe its time for z06? not as wide?
Old 07-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Teching In

I curbed my WS6 in a Brighton parking garage. Messed up my passenger side rocker panel pretty bad, man I was pissed. Learned my lesson that day: don't take the T/A into British car parks!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

dont worry about it you wil get the hang of it quick plus you alway drive round base on the left hand side

main roads you dont have to worry about its when you are flying along the country roads thats when you want to worry i dont care in my gta that goes every were on road or off lol 4th gen will take a bit of getting used to as there is less to see on the front but when you are side ways you dont worry about things like that lol

plus round the usaf bases there are loads of pick ups ect around and if they get round ok lol
Old 07-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by lutonmatt
plus round the usaf bases there are loads of pick ups ect around and if they get round ok lol
Yeah, tell me about it. I see them alot over here w/ 22s.

I'm getting my car back in mid Aug.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Trunion King

Ohh, snap. You're quite aways from Brandon, Matt.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bene
Ohh, snap. You're quite aways from Brandon, Matt.
what dont under stand

so when do you come over or are you already over
Old 07-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by lutonmatt
what dont under stand

so when do you come over or are you already over
I'm already over here however my camaro isn't. I'm still waiting on it to arrive. My thinking was... Kent is only half hour from Brandon. I'm still discovering the whole area w/ my GPS and my rental. I'll come over when I get my car here. I'll give you a call when I get your number from you. (No HOMO.)
Old 07-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

when in august is it due over as there are a few good shows about then will send you a pm in a min
Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Im glad I am no longer in that crap hole. I wish I went to Germany instead.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
I'm liking this joint compare to my last one.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Teching In

I DD my vette around with little trouble. Curbed one of my CCW's trying to parallel park, but that was more my retardedness than any fault of the road.

Yeah, they're narrow, but you learn to manage. I hate driving through Brandon though simply due to the damn traffic backup those stupid train tracks cause.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
**** Germany, I am so ready to get out of here. The only thing I am going to miss is that when I'm running late for work, I can do 130mph on the autbahn and be on time. I won't miss the people that stare at you for no reason, **** not being open on Sundays or after 5pm, the two moldy houses I've lived in, etc etc...
Old 07-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Hate to **** in your wheaties, guy.... but uh, it's even worse here. **** isn't open after 5pm on pretty much any day, let alone at all on Sunday. Half the establishments close during lunch hours "for lunch". Makes little sense considering that's when most other working folk have a free hour or two to go out and get things done.

As far as anything open 24 hours, the closest place (if you're coming to the Lakenheath/Mildenhall collective) will be the Thetford Tesco, which closes on Sunday night as well. That or the base Shopette are your options.

The houses aren't much better here than around Rammstein. They're all miniature, and aside from the brick outer walls, are built like ****... they make suburban southwest migrant-built homes look quality.

I'm not trying to give the place a bad name, as it certainly has many interesting perks. I've enjoyed my nearly 3-year stay in England so far. I just want to paint a realistic picture of what to expect. And don't expect not to be stared at if you're the "stereotypical american", i.e. loud, drunk, overly patriotic, and with poor fashion sense, lol. Avoid all that, get rid of your high 'n tight (if you've got one), and you'll blend right in.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool reading about some of this stuff..i love learning new things about different cultures and how ppl live...makes me thankful for what we have here in america for sure tho...
Old 07-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Youll get used to it, i DD'd my Z28 everyday, an hour to base and an hour home everyday...

-justin
Old 07-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

justin dude how are you mate hows the t/a coming along

its the same as any were you get used to it after a few weeks
and you say everything is little we think everything is big in the states thats why i like coming over lol plus the cheaper parts and better parts then we get over here
Old 07-31-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

The houses aren't much better here than around Rammstein. They're all miniature, and aside from the brick outer walls, are built like ****... they make suburban southwest migrant-built homes look quality.
LOL !!
IMO No matter where in the world you go, there alway seems to be a 70% shithole, just make sure you live and work in the right parts
As always, 10% of the population has 90% of the wealth

Some of our roads are fairly crap (potholes, rough surfaces, narrow etc), and 80% of the carparking here are no go zones, they're just far too small, esp with the swing of the doors on the 4th gens. Then you have to pay for the bay!!

On top of all that, leave your nice car in the wrong neighbourhood, and expect a key down the side, your stereo half inched or yobs running over the damn thing.

That's why a dd is so necessairy, or keep to areas you know are cool.

On the upside, there are many great, interesting places to visit and chill at, and some really cool people to meet too.

Also, there are plenty of good stretches of road without speed cameras along them , but no, we ain't got the great roads some of the US has.

makes me thankful for what we have here in america for sure tho...
Yea, I see why some Americans never leave the country, the US is fanfuphingtastic, but I couldn't live there for more than a few months a time.

My advise? Buy a super cheap dd 4 banger compleate with dents and scapes, (and trash that rental!! lol). The roads are made narrow to keep everyones speed down in town. Keep your Camaro for the better roads, and keep your speed slow in town.
It's too easy to trash nice cars. I've seen it all before with youngsters sliding about all over the place, trying to show off, great fun, then, bang.
Insurance is trippled and car's trashed.

One guy I know when we were young n dumb thought it would 'be cool' to do a burnout and doughnuts to show off in front of everyone in a car park. As you've seen, our carparks ain't big enough to get things even slightly wrong (Too much furniture and curbs) . Guess what, he knocked down a young girl of 16, she's now paralised, he spent 3 years in a young offenders. He still don't drive now, and he's nearly 30........

I keep seeing pics of guys in the US who are playing in huge emptie parking lots with no bystanders. I'm envious. There are some good lorry parks and abandoned airfields here etc, but they're often fenced and gated shut.
But not all of them

With enough money England is nice, not as nice as it once was, but I for 1 can't wait to get off this grubby, overpriced shithole of a rock we call the UK.
Imagrants eh? If you can't beat em (which you can!), join em.....

The trouble with Briton is it's full of Brits.

England was once an Empire, run by a Emperor,
Then it was a Kingdom, run by a King,
Now it's a country run by a c***.

"Anything to declare? Yea, don't go to England"!! (******, great film!!)

Sorry for the rant, I'm sure you'll have a good stay in England, just keep practicing in the rental , you'll get the hang of driving on the wrong side soon, and drive your Camaro with care.

Last edited by taws6; 07-31-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Damn skinny ass roads.