Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

strano spings in...now need alignment help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strano spings in...now need alignment help

so i have them in along with teh kyb agx's. but anyways i need to know some suggestions as to where have the shop put the front end alignment specs to. looking for bit bettor handling but over all good tire wear. just seeing if i can get teh best of both worlds
Old 07-14-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you autocross at all? How many miles do you put on the car every year? Are you OK with rotating the tires at a higher than normal frequency? How much "dartyness" are you willing to put up with. (yea I just made that word up).
Old 07-14-2009, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

well i cant rotate due to the 275 out front and the 315 in the rear. only put about 10,000 on teh car a year. just invested in the nitto nt-05 skins and dont want to replace a set a year...hopefuly. do plan on doing auto-x though. gotta get to teh events but its what i am slowly buildingteh car for. military pay sadly only allows so much. i really ned to update my mods in my sig as well lol
Old 07-14-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shannon french
well i cant rotate due to the 275 out front and the 315 in the rear. only put about 10,000 on teh car a year. just invested in the nitto nt-05 skins and dont want to replace a set a year...hopefuly. do plan on doing auto-x though. gotta get to teh events but its what i am slowly buildingteh car for. military pay sadly only allows so much. i really ned to update my mods in my sig as well lol
I'd set the camber to -.5 max, caster: +5.0 and toe 1/16 total in.

A little bit of camber will help with the initial turn in and the caster will help offset the camber loss when the body rolls during cornering. 1/16 total toe in will help the car track nicely.

BTW, it is possible to fit 315's on the front
Old 07-14-2009, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

unfortunately not on my wheels only have 9.5 for the fronts. thank you for the #s though. but one day i will have the 315 all around
Old 07-14-2009, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
I'd set the camber to -.5 max, caster: +5.0 and toe 1/16 total in.

A little bit of camber will help with the initial turn in and the caster will help offset the camber loss when the body rolls during cornering. 1/16 total toe in will help the car track nicely.

BTW, it is possible to fit 315's on the front
x2
Johnny

Quick Reply: strano spings in...now need alignment help