Wiring Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Issues

Hey guys, I need help with this diagram:

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...ewimg&id=46684

I have the Nitrous Outlet switch setup just like this. However, I cannot read the print at all on this diagram.

Basically I took my console out to adjust my shifter stiffness and the stops but had to disconnect my arming/heater/purge/bottle opening switches to remove the console and now none of the wires are hot. I also tried to find a fuse inline to the relay and found nothing. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it!

Blake
Old 07-15-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Veteran

diagram dont show up
Old 07-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
diagram dont show up
Sorry. Here it is. It is on Chopsitx' FQuick page. I just need to be able to read everything a little more clearly.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Old 07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

none of your switches have power or nothing has power? the switches say they are coming from a keyed 12 source. make sure you have your key on when checking for power. trace it to the feed wire and identify the source. then check for power on that source wire and/or see if its fuse is popped.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
none of your switches have power or nothing has power? the switches say they are coming from a keyed 12 source. make sure you have your key on when checking for power. trace it to the feed wire and identify the source. then check for power on that source wire and/or see if its fuse is popped.
Yeah, none of them have power and yes I have the key on when checking them for power.

It is a yellow wire that goes back down by the PCM and is then connected to a smaller yellow wire.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
Thanks bro!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OHH RLY?
Yeah, none of them have power and yes I have the key on when checking them for power.

It is a yellow wire that goes back down by the PCM and is then connected to a smaller yellow wire.
well if you haven't already, check for power where it was spliced in. maybe you pinched a wire? if you can find out what the source is, obviously check that and any inline fuse it has. i'm thinking you either grounded a wire out and popped a fuse or pinched a wire when reinstalling. what year vette? i'll look for wiring schematics if you want.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Teching In

well if you haven't already, check for power where it was spliced in. maybe you pinched a wire? if you can find out what the source is, obviously check that and any inline fuse it has. i'm thinking you either grounded a wire out and popped a fuse or pinched a wire when reinstalling. what year vette? i'll look for wiring schematics if you want.
'99 and that may be a possibility with grounding a wire out, but I am thinking it may be a fuse somewhere. The relay that was used under the hood by the battery was all sorts of jacked up. Good thing I had an extra one laying around. Yes I would appreciate a schematic very much.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

were you able to trace the feed wire to that relay? or did it tap into a wire off of the pcm?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Teching In

were you able to trace the feed wire to that relay? or did it tap into a wire off of the pcm?
I want to say it taps off the PCM.

It is a yellow wire that it connected (via a twist connector) to a smaller yellow wire that then goes into a three wire connector (yellow, red, black). I got a test light and check the connector and nothing, the red was hot though and the black would be ground

Then that yellow wire comes off of that and goes into a giant loom that I guess would eventually lead to the PCM, but I am not about to start tearing anything else up without getting ahold of schematic.

Yes I do have the key turned while checking the yellow wire.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

i'll look again a little later but did you try seeing if it was hot when the car was running? i'm not too familiar with ls1's wiring harness so its going to be a little tough to figure out but i'll give it my best.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Teching In

i'll look again a little later but did you try seeing if it was hot when the car was running? i'm not too familiar with ls1's wiring harness so its going to be a little tough to figure out but i'll give it my best.
Nah, in the past (before I had to pull the connectors off the switch panel) they lit up by turning the keys to on.

Any help is much appreciated!