Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Up the @ss ! .05 crank endplay

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Up the @ss ! .05 crank endplay

damnit. After sending my first junkyard LQ4 back to the recycler because it had a craftily disguised intake fire, the second one has some ridiculous crank play.

Doesn't look like it took a hit, but it was certainly abused. Apparently an 05 out of a Savana with 70k some odd miles. I found a a blow head gasket, coolant in a couple cylinders and gawd aweful junk in the rings. Looks like the tards never changed the oil.

I'm so ******* pissed cause I wanted a basic running motor, for a swap into a 96 impala, and mod it going forward. Was trying to keep it simple for my first LS and my first swap. Now, I'm almost forced to do everything up front, heads, cam, bearings, hot tanked, etc etc. Up the *** !

Anyway. Can anyone gimme a source and/or part numbers for main bearings ? Oversized or whatever. Also need rod bearings but will consider a rotating assembly if the crank is hosed.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so basically u just bought a bare block with a bunch of turds bolted to it? lol that sucks.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, thanks. lol ! Medford Auto Wreckers in Long Island, New York suck hairy ball sack.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind shipping costs or a little ride you can't beat Collis http://www.collistruckpartsonline.com/ in Northamton Pa. These guys go over everything, you can trust them. I've dealt with them for 30 years.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Staging Lane

Thx RTA, nice resource. I'm gonna need accessories.
Well, I found bearings on summit so I guess I'll measure the crank and see how bad it is. Maybe I can bandaid this block back together, backyard style.