Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Questions....With Pictures!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Questions....With Pictures!!!

hey, OK so its official and I'm a terrible mechanic... but i have some questions and pictures....

This is a picture of one of the pucks why is the colors so different?

Different Puck Same Issue

Full Frontal!!!! is surface rust normal

Full Flywheel Heat Spots already?

Close Up

Agian...

Pressure Plate

the story:
Transmission had a failure decided to put in a new clutch chose RAM New Tick Adjustable Master, GM Slave, GM Pilot Bearing, Resurfaced Flywheel, NO SHIM!,

Car would go into gear for about 400 miles then stopped. i bled and bled the system pedal feels great but still no disengagement of clutch. if i turn off the car it would go into all gears easily start it and the car will not go into gear. when i put in the clutch and stuff i measured according to Tick's, RAM diagram i came up with .665" they say .500"-.700" is good. i purchased the Shim from RAM today its .150" thick which assuming my math is correct will give me a distance of .515" which will still be within spec. does anyone have any sugjestions.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:40 AM
FormerVendor

WEll, all your parts look rather normal, can even still see the "cut" marks on flywheel, but everything looks normal.

Where are your locating dowel pins? The pic of teh "full frontal" is pretty blurry though.

You sar saying that after 400 miles of driving (perfect shiting?) and now, all of sudden, nothing? Did this happen when you were driving it? Or jsut one day, you got to start it up, and then it happened?

just trying to get an idea of what may have happened. Were you doing any "spirited" driving when it happened? Notice any fluid, anywhere? Did it start making any noises? What does TOB/slave look like?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

Re-read your post...you say you had a tranny failure. What happened? This is the clutch you put in AFTER you had teh tranny fixed, right?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

Gen414,

I want to say thank you for taking the time to talk with me today. it was awesome to see that there are some company's out there that have great customer service like yours i have never dealt with you or your company before this but from now on i will thanks again!

-Justin
Old 07-16-2009, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by waiting2bl33d
Gen414,

I want to say thank you for taking the time to talk with me today. it was awesome to see that there are some company's out there that have great customer service like yours i have never dealt with you or your company before this but from now on i will thanks again!

-Justin

Your quite welcome Justin. It was my pleasure talking with you, and I hope we got you headed in teh right direction. If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to holler as I am just a phone call/PM/email away!

And on a side note, keep us updated on your progress, as if you are still not fixed up, we still have work to do! Good luck!