Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal engagement??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal engagement??

I have a RAM 6130 VDS clutch in my 99 SS and it seems that the engagement point is very high on the pedal; almost an inch from very top. I don't drive this car very much at all but I don't remember the clutch engaging this high before. I only have put a few thousand miles on the car since it was done about 4 years ago and it has only been raced a few times so I don't think the disk is worn. WHERE DO YOU ALL HAVE YOUR CLUTCH ENGAGING ON THE PEDAL HEIGHT? I have all the adjustable hydraulics from RAM. The clutch works GREAT it just engages really high and I don't want to have to slip it that much; which will only kill the life on the 6130 disk.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you shim it right?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Rapid Motorsports did the install and Mikey definetely knows what he's doing. The clutch works perfectly it just engages high on the pedal. Mikey told me how to adjust the endgement point on the pedal; I am just curious where you alll have yours set at (high or right off the floor)
Old 07-17-2009, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

mines a bit higher than mid. i prefer it a little lower, seems to slow my shifting down at the track.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey, there is no "right" answer to this. Some questions to consider: Does my leg hurt after driving the car due to the long clutch travel? Am I shifting as well as I'd like to? Is it helping/hurting my times? Is it bad for the clutch? Just look at it as pros and cons. Some people, (the Turbo/AWD crowd) like high engagement points because they slip their clutches alot on when launching, just for an example.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal engagement??