Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car will not launch help me

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car will not launch help me

i recently got the car back up and running still same stuff ms4 headers with duals ls6 intake injectors a4 with pi stall 3200. well when i go to take off floored the car is verry sluggish like if it were taking off in third but when i hits about 3500 it starts breaking the tires loose and hauls ***.all it will foot brake is 2000 rpm and will not power brake at all, if i let go of the brake when stalling it will still take off slugish will not break the tire loose. now any time the car is rolling even from 5mph it will burn out all of 1st and 2nd. now this has me wondering if i did something wrong when putting in the high rev spring besides that nothing has been done to the tranny. and b4 the car broke down it used to take off from a dead stop and burn out all of 1st shift in to 2nd fish tail and also a bit in 3rd. where should i start checking
Old 07-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issues with my ms4, i think the problem is the tune in my case. But you may want to check your fuel pressure just to rule that out.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Try the tune first.I think that cam is gonna want a looser stall and gears to get the most outta it.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

well the thing is that i used to have alot more down low power with the same set up b4 i had to rebuild the engine, i put new bearings on mains, rods and new cam bearings. with arp bolts on the bottom end. but i also put in the high rev spring in the pump of the trans. dont know if i might have messed something up on the way. kinda feels like if the power shifted up but i dont c why if no parts were changed. also even if i comand shift to occur at 6000 rpm it will not shift until about 6700 from 1st to 2nd and about 6500 in 2nd to 3rd
Old 07-20-2009, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Thats a lot of changing to be doing and not adjusting the software. You can put a Top Fuel dragster motor in the car, but as soon as you hook all those sensors up, it will run worse than a stock LS1. How is the torque management set up? Is it pulling timing from the motor when it thinks the tranny is getting abused, such as when you hook on the line? If you have not modified it, it is.