Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed Plans For Car... Need Help ! ! !

Old 07-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed Plans For Car... Need Help ! ! !

Thinking about saving up my money to buy a house and move out soooo.... been thinking about putting off my twin turbo build for a while until I can afford it. So I'm thinking about doing a Heads Cam Package with a HSW N2o 125 Shot.

What I have:

2001 Trans Am Ws.6 LS1

What I'm thinking of doing:

1. LSx 92mm
2. Port and Polish the Heads
3. BIG cam... Need help choosing a cam
4. Fuel Rails... Need help choosing them
5. 60lb injectors... Need help choosing them

Is there anything I am leaving out? I'm open to any other ideas anyone has. My end goal is 500hp motor/ 625hp sprayed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Please do not get offended at what I have to say. I am offering an opinion from the point of view of an onlooker, basing what I am saying on what information you have given in this post on the situation.

If I were you, I would wait until after the house is purchased, then save up for the TT build. I wouldn't want to spend money on parts thay might need to be replaced because they won't work with mods I've had planned but haven't done. Also if I was going to do a twin turbo build and then did nitrous, cam, and ported polished heads instead, I would be disappointed because it wasn't what I wanted. It will just be a big ol' money pit.

If you do end up doing the H/C you will need a tune, and you might want to change the oil pump too since it will be easier to get to with the engine torn down. Also go over these questions. Will your transmission handle that power? The rearend? Do you have the chassis and suspension mods that you need with that kind of power? Is your fuel pump adequate? Do you have headers and a good exhaust system? Upgrade rocker arms, lifters and, valves? Upgrade the rod bolts? Do I eally want to spend this much money while I'm trying to buy a house? and Is it worth it to do H/C now when I will be going with TT later?

1. I would use an aluminum intake for n2o because they can withstand the bakfire.
2. If you have experience doing this yourself go for it. If not it is pricey.
3. Find someone like Pat G. From what I have seen, he is a cam genius.
4. I have no experience with feul rails. Can't help with that either
5. http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/ they have a sale until August 1.

GL with the house and I hope this will help you decide what to do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Changed Plans For Car... Need Help ! ! !