General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Tire Wear

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tire Wear

So ive noticed that when i get between 60 mph thru 80 mph im having alot of vibration in the front end. I looked at my tires and the inner and outer of the tire is wearing not the middle. I called around and asked about alignments and a guy told me it sounds like the tires arent balanced correctly or it might be under-inflated or under-inflated. Anyone know why this is happening? Is it my alignment?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

I got the same exact problem. Does it do it when you accelerate alittle hard too?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Zerokube
So ive noticed that when i get between 60 mph thru 80 mph im having alot of vibration in the front end. I looked at my tires and the inner and outer of the tire is wearing not the middle.
Inner and outer wearing at the same time is normally underinflation, not always the case though. Does the car pull to the right or left, especially under hard braking?

Originally Posted by Zerokube
I called around and asked about alignments and a guy told me it sounds like the tires arent balanced correctly or it might be under-inflated or under-inflated. Anyone know why this is happening? Is it my alignment?
Could be out of balance, could be a weak shock. Get the balance done and see if it goes away.

This part isn't an alignment problem.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like there underinflated/ need to be balanced