Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help picking shocks/struts

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help picking shocks/struts

Im looking to get into the suspension on my 99 V6 Bird. its old and really wearing down. Im hearing that the difference between the LS1 and the V6 is something of 30lbs.

That said. Im trying to get springs that will work for a LSX swap later down the line.

Ok Now that the tricky part of my equation has been defined and written down. I dont race the car at all or auto-x on it. I just DD it (V6 duh) But I want the ride to be comfy.

I had heard that a Hotchkis and Bilstien combo would be great for a DD car it would give me a slight drop and feel much better then my nearly old worn out suspension.

Ive heard nothing but good things about Strano springs and were suggested those recently as opposed to the hotchkis.

I currently have UMI Tubular LCAs and UMI bolt in SFCs that have been welded in. I don't wanna get crazy and just start throwing in new parts but If anyone has some suggestions for things other then springs and shocks let me know.

I was thinking about a swaybar kit and a Panhard bar. But after that I dont know what else to even look for? Some sort of bushings?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was happy with my KYb AGX's, i went that route for the car being dropped about1.75/ 1.50....... Koni's would of course be the top of the list but decided to spend the money saved on other mods

ive heard alot about the bilsteins that sam strano has for non lowered vehicles