Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring harness reusability?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring harness reusability?

If I pulled a wiring harness off a new 5.3l 2009 Colorado (gen 4?), would it be possible to use on a 6.0l gen 3 engine?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya as far as I know all the lsx based engines will run off of any PCM 99+. You may have to change some pins though depending on what year wiring harness it is. You will have much better luck in the conversion and hybrid section .
Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would stay away from that adventure unless you really like a challenge. The PCM for the newer engine has a completely different connection layout, and using the new PCM on the 6.0 is not feasible due to the different reluctor wheels. The cam and knock sensors are relocated and the injector plugs are different. If you plan on using a cable actuated throttle body you would have to modify the harness to work with that as well. I would say that modifying that harness to suit your needs would be about the same as building one from scratch.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy
I would stay away from that adventure unless you really like a challenge. The PCM for the newer engine has a completely different connection layout, and using the new PCM on the 6.0 is not feasible due to the different reluctor wheels. The cam and knock sensors are relocated and the injector plugs are different. If you plan on using a cable actuated throttle body you would have to modify the harness to work with that as well. I would say that modifying that harness to suit your needs would be about the same as building one from scratch.
All I needed to know! Thanks, man.