Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust fumes geting worst in the car help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy exhaust fumes geting worst in the car help!

hey guys i think my longtubes are leaking.
my y pipe is all welded up so only place i could think of is the blocked off egr and air posts or from the header gaskets them self.
i used new gm gaskets and torqed them down and i even checked em when the car had some down time.
and the smell in the car has gotten worst and it seems to be running rich and it had had a full tune so it shouldent.
also which this might help is that when i first start it and when i giving gas at about 2-3k rpm i get a ticking sound that sounds like a old beat up truck.
its gone when the rpms get higher.

it just sound like crap some times and i have pacesetter lt's-tsp ory-a single in single magnaflow muffler with a hidden tip so it should sound really good and it does when im wot but when im on the street and go about 3/4 throttle at about 40-50 in 3rd or od i get that sound.

i had my exhaust shop check it out and he couldent find any thing leaking.

what should i do????
Old 07-19-2009, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check manifold gaskets. It could just be a small header leak up there. My friends did the exact same thing when his was leaking on the manifold gaskets
Old 07-19-2009, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

so how can i fix it besides tightening the bolts?
i seen in gmhtp that they sprayed the gaskets with the copper gasket sealer before they put them on it looked like it was in a spray can.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

bump need some help guys