Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Heads up to fellow aps guys on oil drain hoses.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Heads up to fellow aps guys on oil drain hoses.

The aps overflow hose on my kit and few others was cheap junk.I upgraded it right off the bat.Hugger z mentioned it.
Also the oil drain hoses are crap and not taking the heat at all.. they are already buldged up with only a few thousand miles on my car since intall and even seem maybe some leaking already likely at the clamps.
I am going to scavenger pump although so far don't really think have any problems with the gravity feed. I do usually run 1 quart low which might also help. I like to live dangerously!
I will be doing all an with stainless lines to the scavenger pump. I found an fittings from think it was slow boy racing for the mits 20gs. And you can get the rest off jegs or whatever. I would for sure replace those lines with good stainless ones an or not.
Am also going to convert to t bolt clamps most everywhere. Anyone can convert the metric numbers to non metric please pm me .The supplied worm gear clamps are not great either!
I still like my kit but anything can be improved on. Also stenting the aps inlets today. Maybe should take some pics..
Old 08-02-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scavenger pump

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
The aps overflow hose on my kit and few others was cheap junk.I upgraded it right off the bat.Hugger z mentioned it.
Also the oil drain hoses are crap and not taking the heat at all.. they are already buldged up with only a few thousand miles on my car since intall and even seem maybe some leaking already likely at the clamps.
I am going to scavenger pump although so far don't really think have any problems with the gravity feed. I do usually run 1 quart low which might also help. I like to live dangerously!
I will be doing all an with stainless lines to the scavenger pump. I found an fittings from think it was slow boy racing for the mits 20gs. And you can get the rest off jegs or whatever. I would for sure replace those lines with good stainless ones an or not.
Am also going to convert to t bolt clamps most everywhere. Anyone can convert the metric numbers to non metric please pm me .The supplied worm gear clamps are not great either!
I still like my kit but anything can be improved on. Also stenting the aps inlets today. Maybe should take some pics..
Can you tell me how the scavenger pump works? Does it pump oil to the turbos and force it out the gravity feed?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Pics Would be great. I'm going to buy aps kit from LGM. Would a 427 be to big for this kit. also going to get the upgraded turbos.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

I am pretty sure scavenger pump just pulls the oil out by suction doesn't push it thru .So pretty sure you would y the drains into the scavenger and then feed scavenger into one side of oil pan. Pretty simple really .I have not hooked mine up yet. I was waiting to order some an fittings and stainless lines. Found a company that sells an that will fit on the turbos..slow boy racing. Jegs has pretty much everything needed to an the rest.I dont' plan on using worm clamps and plain rubber hoses. Do it once ,do it right!

But so far I am not seeing any oil problems with my aps kit . So putting off the scavenger pump install for a bit. If don't have any problems may not bother.

I would ask Louis if the upgraded turbos he sells are ok for a 427.I know they flow 70lb/min . He may have even bigger ones not sure. And sometimes if they are big enough depends on how much rpm and how much boost you are going to put thru the engine.
I wish could find this table or formula that found somewhere on net.It let you put in the turbos, engine size, rpm and then show you what was needed. It was pretty neat program. I think found for my 408 that needed 60 or 65lb/min turbos.70s might work on 427 again depending on how high you are going to push it and how much boost.

I don't figure will be running LG 70s much past 15psi ever on my car.I have the spray on top too and don't want to go past 1000rwhp on this engine and fuel system. Should be able to get that at pretty low boost from the bigger 70 pounders. Anxiously awaiting some dyno numbers from guys that are buying the upgraded turbos.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Default With or without Spray

Do u think you'll hit 1000rwhp without the spray.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Should be doable with the lg upgraded turbos. They can do about 1400 engine so should do 1000rwhp no problem. Guess wait to see some dynos of them as more guys install them.

Quick Reply: Heads up to fellow aps guys on oil drain hoses.