Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mikroniting heads

Old 07-19-2009, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mikroniting heads

Do you think that the car would benifit from the mikronite process on the enitire heads? I was think it would really help on the oil return from the heads back the pan since the finish is almost like a mirror finish. Then the exhuast ports would be also smooth as glass so the exhaust gas would just flow out of the heads. On the other side the intake side may have to ruffed up a bit.

What you do think? Down falls, or input?

Just a idea I had my rear end gears done and it looks awsome.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Will they do an entire head? I've had many parts done and I don't think it would be able to get down in the valve train area or in the ports of the head very well. The larger parts and flat surfaces wouldn't be a problem.

If your looking to help oil drain back it would be better to have the valve train area coated with a oil shedding coating similar to what is used on crankshaft counterweights, oil pans, timing covers, valve covers, etc.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 AM
10 Second Club

I would think they can do a entire head. I will give them a shout some time this week and see what they say.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you aware of how the Mikronite process works? IF they could do the major large surfaces of the head, I don't think you would get any benefit from the process. The deck surface would have to be masked because it would be too smooth.

Let us know what you find out. I'll be very surprised if they can get the media down in those areas.

I've had valves, oil pump gears and plate, retainers, valve locks, and timing chain gears processed. It's a very awesome process.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06
Are you aware of how the Mikronite process works? IF they could do the major large surfaces of the head, I don't think you would get any benefit from the process. The deck surface would have to be masked because it would be too smooth.

Let us know what you find out. I'll be very surprised if they can get the media down in those areas.

I've had valves, oil pump gears and plate, retainers, valve locks, and timing chain gears processed. It's a very awesome process.
Yes I am aware of how it work. The deck surface would be fine if it got messed becasue I am going to have them milled, so that takes care of that. LOL

Search this Thread