Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

LSx Tune Check Up - $89 w/ Dyno, Scan & Consult

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 06:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LSx Tune Check Up - $89 w/ Dyno, Scan & Consult

Hey All,

I have been getting a few calls lately from folks as well as seeing they way some performance businesses are doing things and felt this may serve quite a few folks.

There are some LS customers out there getting installs and packages done that are depending on the installer or the internet to let them know that their combo is working fine without any data to back it up. This mainly pertains to folks having mods done that can require some level of tuning and verification of gains made and seem to be content with neither. I have talked to a lot of folks that have left a shop happy with their supposed power level with no verification of such.

In these times it is easy to go as cheap as possible and with shops cutting prices, both established and new shops, in most cases they are cutting services also. I see shops and DIY'ers charging $450-600 for tunes and no A/F or dyno data to back up the tune.

I have recently got quite a few calls from folks asking me to check their tunes as they are not happy with either a driveability issue or the vehicle feels off at WOT just to mention a few things. They always ask me to not say anyhting about who did the work initially and I do as they ask. But I do let them know that if they do not bring up their issues publically that they are doing a diservice to other folks.

This is not to say I am perfect by any means as I have had my share of cars that have fought me for sure. I feel if you are not open to learning something new everyday you are looking to have problems. Nobody knows everything. But I do offer folks a network of people I deal with to help out to get things right if I can not do it myself. I also will not charge someone a fee if I can not fix their issue.

So what I am offering is for folks to check on and verify their LSx vehicles performance and tuning health at a reasonable price. What will be included is 2 or 3 dyno runs with wideband AF and full HPT scan of each run as well as pulling out the current program for a look and go over what I see with you. From there we can consult as to if anything is needed to be done or could be done and then decide a course of action if needed.

I have been going over different prices in my head for this and what I have come up with is$89. If you decide to go ahead and have me do a full tune during this visit the $89 will go towards that cost.

This service should help give folks peace of mind and see what they really have without costing a lot. Hope this helps and let me know what you think.

Have a great week and thanks.

Mike Norris
Old 07-19-2009, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike is there a way to print out the HPtuners data? Time and a date that you are running this special? Or is this open to any time?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike helped me pick up over 50rwhp and got my AFR in check after my mods and mail order tune. This is a great offer for those who have not had a dyno tune done to really see how well your car is running. Good job Mike!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM
10 Second Club

well 89 bucks cant really go wrong for 2-3 dyno pull from a positive feedback shop like this one
Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 AM
FormerVendor

RsSean,

I am sure there is but I do not know how.

Thanks for the kind words Titanws6 and +badss+

All PM's will be responded to this morning

Mike Norris
Old 07-20-2009, 06:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great idea, and very reasonable.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just need to dial mine in??
Old 07-20-2009, 08:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I agree with Mike on this topic, and I tip my hat to you, Mike, on doing something about it. I hope that folks realize that this kind of service will also prove helpful to those folks that self-tune their vehicles. It never hurts to double-check your tune with a dyno and get proof of your efforts (or prevent a potentially disastrous event!) Getting your car checked if you're suspicous can save you an engine, money, time and heartache. Also, for anyone who wants to print or email a portion of the HP Tuners data log, you can always print or email a screenshot of the log by hitting "Ctrl" & "PrtScrn" at the same time, then pasting that shot into a bitmap editor, such as the Windows Paint program. You can save the file as a jpeg and email or print 'till your heart is content. This is how we got the shots for the tuning book. Again, good call, Mike. And I commend you on your price point. That's a bargain considering the cost of the test equipment and the expertise involved.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

I just finished a H/C swap and am in need of a tune.

Whats your pricing for a full dyno/street tune.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks Gary!

corvet786c, good talking to yuo this morning and let me know.

Hey Dan, coming from you that means a lot for sure. I always appreciate the help and input for sure.

TheLSGun, a normal NA complete idle, driveability and chassis dynotune runs $395. If the car has an aggressive cam or forced induction it can run anywhere from $450-600 depending on time required. I want to say that 90-95% of my tunes end up in the $395 quote area.

If the car requires any mechanical checks and or fixes that is on top of the tune costs also.

Hope this helps and thanks again everyone.

Mike Norris
Old 07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Banned

Hey Mike, i sent you an email a week ago. have you checked it yet?

-Adam Cook
Old 07-21-2009, 06:19 AM
FormerVendor

Hi Adam,

I did not get anything from you in the last week and the last I had from you was 3-4 weeks ago about parts coming in which I replied to. Maybe try to resend it again for me.

Hope all is well in you part of the world and be safe.

Mike Norris
Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheLSgun

Hope Mike gets ya done, we have similar mods and I wanna see how the TV3 does with the stock 243s, I am debating whether to port mine or not before I install.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

im gonna go to you mike whenever i get my ls6 manifold installed. since teh header install ive noticed teh car acts sluggish off the line at wot. kinda feels like it falls on its face.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheLSgun

Mike is worth the drive, I'd check him out.

The nice thing is, on your way back to our side of town if you hop on 429 it's nice and open to check out how your new tune is serving you
Old 07-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Mike did my ARH headers & Monster level 3 clutch. Im happy with both. Mike's dedicated to his craft and knowledgeable with everything LS rated. When I get enough cash together, I'll mod up with his help again.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:30 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks so much again for the lind words everyone This seems to be pretty popular so far.

Mike Norris
Old 07-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has gotta be the best deal going.....actually see where your tune is at and if there is untapped power/economy or danger.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

woohoo.. Mikey steppin up the game again..

come to think of it Mike my truck has started pinging on me..

and i need to come by and pick up that box for kurt.. hit me up when evers good..

Mike