Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

WTB: Lowering kit for an '01 WS-6...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Lowering kit for an '01 WS-6...

I was just wondering if anybody has any lowering kits for a Trans-am that would be 1 1/2 in. or 1 3/8 in lower that would be used or new, my friend told me to check on ls1tech to see if anything if being offered on here for a BETTER PRICE!? Just let me know what you guys have goin'!?! Thanks!!
Brandon..
Old 07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

What kind of money are you looking to spend? Lowering springs will be your best option, as long as you know that if you don't upgrade shocks you'll have quite a lack of spring dampening.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28bryan
What kind of money are you looking to spend? Lowering springs will be your best option, as long as you know that if you don't upgrade shocks you'll have quite a lack of spring dampening.
I just wanna make my car LOOK BETTER is all..I don't know the WHOLE procedure that I should take/replace, but want it done RIGHT is all!! I hope my car does sit good tho, I got a quote from Jegs today of $209 for a 1 3/8in. drop with the EIBACH kit in which is ok for the ride, etc. from what I hear, and just would HOPE that it looks good in my opinion!? My goal is to lower my car, then purchase some FOOSE or another brand of toquethrust wheels to REALLY make my car look better!! I have an '01 WS-6 that is all white and would like to make it LOOK alot better than just what it does now being all-stock..
Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Check here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds-134/
And the classifieds in the various regions.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/regional-forums-53/
Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

here we go again. you mentioned looks about 5 times, and doing it "right" only once. just springs will make you lower, but also wear out your already sucky stock shocks faster than normal. it will also mess with the rear suspension geometry. lowering it will cause the rear to shift to one side and the lower control arm angle to be less than ideal for launching.

to lower a car "right" you will need at LEAST springs/shocks and an alignment. eventually an adjustable panhard bar to recenter the rear. then you'll also want lca relocation brackets to correct their angle and make it possible to use more than 1/2 throttle in 1st gear.

look in the classifieds for used stuff if you wanna do it cheap. heres a sticky if you wanna see what the different springs look like installed:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...r-springs.html

btw do not buy eibach sportline springs
Old 07-21-2009, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Whats wrong with Eibach sportlines?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:49 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, your going to need other components along with the springs to get most out of your car. You will need to upgrade your shocks along with the springs. You will also need an adjustable panhard bar to correct the body alignment after you lower the car. Our springs lower the car 1.25" and we guarantee them for life against sagging. You have several options as far as shocks go most will work very well with a lowered car. Here is a link to our site and what we have to offer. If you have any questions please let me know.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cbailey
Whats wrong with Eibach sportlines?
really low, really soft. bad combination.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
You have several options as far as shocks go most will work very well with a lowered car.
I realize you guys are in the business to sell parts but do you really think most shocks work "very well" with lowering springs? I think that is misleading information.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bcde504
The company was originally established as wholesale Abercrombie bags Co. by David T. wholesale Abercrombiebags on June 4, 1892, as a small waterfront shop at No.36 South Street in downtown Manhattan, New York.
WTF is this crap?...

Anyway to the matter at hand, if you want your car to look lower but ride and handle crappy then just buy the springs. If you want to make it perform and ride similar or better than stock you have to buy good shocks like Koni or Bilstein revalves. Stock shocks are really too shitty for the stock rate and height springs, a problem that is exacerbated by wear. Throwing a spring with more rate and less travel at a stock shock is a recipe for a lousy ride and poor handling. As stated you need an adjustable panhard to correct the axle alignment when you lower, and LCA relocation brackets won't hurt if you want to correct the LCA geometry. If you only care about how the car looks in a parking lot then by all means go ahead and just get the springs.

Quick Reply: WTB: Lowering kit for an '01 WS-6...