Obamas healthcare

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Obamas healthcare

Hey guys and gals I just recieved this in my email and thought i'd share it with everyone.

LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES! That's all that's coming out of Washington on this Obama healthcare scam they're trying to force on everybody whether we want it or not! Obama has said over and over "if you like your current insurance plan, then you can keep it." What a bold-face lier! In fact they are ALL liers and snake's in the grass! Read this report from Investor's Business Daily after they started reading the House's version of "Health Care for All Americans." Obama is trying to rush it through before the American people actually knows what they're doing to us, just like the pork-laden stimulus bill! If they can cram it through at break-neck speed, then we won't have time to actually figure out what kind of smoke and mirrors game they are pulling off and oppose it before it's too late! We'll be on the hook and the government will have grabbed more power unconstitutionally, and taken away more of our rights! This has got to STOP!! This is becoming more like Russia, or Hitler's Germany every day! Please pass this on, so more people can be aware of what is ACTUALLY going on.

It's Not An Option!

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:20 PM PT

Congress: It didn't take long to run into an "uh-oh" moment when reading the House's "health care for all Americans" bill. Right there on Page 16 is a provision making individual private medical insurance illegal.

IBD Exclusive Series: Government-Run Healthcare: A Prescription For Failure

When we first saw the paragraph Tuesday, just after the 1,018-page document was released, we thought we surely must be misreading it.

So, we sought help from the House Ways and Means Committee.

It turns out we were right: The provision would indeed outlaw individual private coverage. Under the Orwellian header of "Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage," the "Limitation On New Enrollment" section of the bill clearly states:

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day" of the year the legislation becomes law.

So we can all keep our coverage, just as promised — with, of course, exceptions: Those who currently have private individual coverage won't be able to change it. Nor will those who leave a company to work for themselves be free to buy individual plans from private carriers.

From the beginning, opponents of the public option plan have warned that if the government gets into the business of offering subsidized health insurance coverage, the private insurance market will wither. Drawn by a public option that will be 30% to 40% cheaper than their current premiums because taxpayers will be funding it, employers will gladly scrap their private plans and go with Washington's coverage.

The nonpartisan Lewin Group estimated in April that 120 million or more Americans could lose their group coverage at work and end up in such a program. That would leave private carriers with 50 million or fewer customers. This could cause the market to, as Lewin Vice President John Sheils put it, "fizzle out altogether."

What wasn't known until now is that the bill itself will kill the market for private individual coverage by not letting any new policies be written after the public option becomes law.

The legislation is also likely to finish off health savings accounts, a goal that Democrats have had for years. They want to crush that alternative because nothing gives individuals more control over their medical care, and the government less, than HSAs.

With HSAs out of the way, a key obstacle to the left's expansion of the welfare state will be removed.

The public option won't be an option for many, but rather a mandate for buying government care. A free people should be outraged at this advance of soft tyranny.

Washington does not have the constitutional nor the moral authority to outlaw private markets in which parties voluntarily participate. It shouldn't be killing business opportunities, or limiting choices, or legislating major changes in Americans' lives.

It took just 16 pages of reading to find this naked attempt by the political powers to increase their reach. It's scary to think how many more breaches of liberty we'll come across in the final 1,002
Old 07-20-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im planning on going into the medical field
if this plan goes through my *** is changing majors quicker than anything i have ever done.
healthcare and hospitals are going into the crapper if its accepted
i still believe insurance is a PRIVILEGE. you cant afford then be in debt
not anyones fault but your own
Old 07-20-2009, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

If it is such a good plan, why not try this? Let the president and his family, congress, senate and their families try it out first.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not looking good for the US of A. I am still shocked the American public elected this guy. It will only get worse.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Saw this coming a mile away!!! This fool promised the world to get in, now hes stabbing us in the back and lying to us the whole time. Thank god for politics! Im just gonna move back to Canada if this crap keeps on.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL Nothing new here. Wonder what the so called supporters are saying now,,, Wish a smart person would take this guy out.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

I wouldn't worry about it too much simply because the midterms are coming up and the democrats need to start covering their tail...and I am almost sure that both houses will be republican simply because the approval ratings of this congress are at what? 18%?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Obama"

Does anyone else laugh when they here his name?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
LOL Nothing new here. Wonder what the so called supporters are saying now,,, Wish a smart person would take this guy out.

im with this guy
Old 07-20-2009, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

I laugh at his name after seeing a bumper sticker that said "One Big *** Mistake America"
haha
Old 07-20-2009, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kdavis
im with this guy
I believe all rednecks are with him. well I am anyway.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
No you gotta watch out for that because they'll make guns illegal...
Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Inbeforetehlockk
Old 07-20-2009, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

why would my thread get locked? I didnt post anything wrong. I really dont see a problem with any of the posts.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

it contains politics..and that is frowned upon here on ls1tech! i dont mind though.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

I think Americans need to wake up before the government takes over everything. Remember not all change is good. I will keep my money, my guns, and religion. You can keep the change!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

I think ya'll need to be careful about what you say about OUR pestident. . . I mean president. . .
Old 07-20-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn that **** is scary... I sell private health insurance for Humana and after reading "only" that, I hope it doesn't pass.