Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question for folks with 1LE front LCAs

Old 07-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for folks with 1LE front LCAs

Just got some front 1LE LCAs and my issue is that the ball joint comes with a different thread pitch and needs a different castellated nut than the stock one. Unfortunately, GM did not see fit to supply the nut that is required.

Any one know what the ball joint castellated nut part number is for the 1LE front lower control arms for a 93-02 car?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

1LE had different front LCAs??
Old 07-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Yes, 1LE cars have a solid rubber caster bushing (that is the rear one). This decreases dynamic toe changes and makes the car more stable at high speed or when doing heavy cornering at the expense of some road noise and a bit of ride comfort. (My car sees a lot of race track use as well as being my daily driver). What usually happens in hard use is that the normal fenestrated bushing in the caster position allows too much motion of the LCA and in my case, this has led to the destruction of the camber bushing (front one). I do not have the arms out of the car yet, but it is not uncommon for the rear bushing to tear completely so we will see.

I used 1LE arms on my LT1 car and really liked them but never got around to putting them on my LS1 car. Now that the bushings are blown, it is time to change anyway. Apparently just changing bushings alone is a real PITA and this way I get a beefier ball joint (At least it needs a different nut)

BTW if anyone else switches to 1LE arms, I have found the number I was asking for. 10254330.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bcde504
The company's wholesale Adidas clothing and shoe designs typically feature three parallel bars, and the same motif is incorporated into Adidas's current official logo.
Ban this idiot.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dave B
Yes, 1LE cars have a solid rubber caster bushing (that is the rear one). This decreases dynamic toe changes and makes the car more stable at high speed or when doing heavy cornering at the expense of some road noise and a bit of ride comfort. (My car sees a lot of race track use as well as being my daily driver). What usually happens in hard use is that the normal fenestrated bushing in the caster position allows too much motion of the LCA and in my case, this has led to the destruction of the camber bushing (front one). I do not have the arms out of the car yet, but it is not uncommon for the rear bushing to tear completely so we will see.

I used 1LE arms on my LT1 car and really liked them but never got around to putting them on my LS1 car. Now that the bushings are blown, it is time to change anyway. Apparently just changing bushings alone is a real PITA and this way I get a beefier ball joint (At least it needs a different nut)

BTW if anyone else switches to 1LE arms, I have found the number I was asking for. 10254330.
My drivers side LCA rear bushing is showing some cracking and I feel it is on its way out. Do you mind posting where you got the 1LE arms, what the part # is for the LCAs, and how much they ran you?

Any other items besides the ball joint nut that aren't a direct replacement?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My drivers side LCA rear bushing is showing some cracking and I feel it is on its way out. Do you mind posting where you got the 1LE arms, what the part # is for the LCAs, and how much they ran you?
I believe the moogs are just as good....try to purchase locally. THis is on my todo list.....

I already did the rear LCAs and those were a cinch! Used the moogs, beefy compared to stock ones.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Somehow if there's a remote chance that there's some sort of part# on those front lower ball joints, maybe there could be a possiblity of finding the appropriate castellated nut. The only other thing that I could think of would be to visit some sort of commercial hardware outlet (e.g. fastenal, grainger, etc.) or maybe a large specialty hardware store that deals with a large stock of fasteners to at least get you started, in case they don't stock them. Another thing that comes to mind would be a race parts outlet like Coleman racing. Again, just throwing some information out there in order for you to make some leads in case the auto parts suppliers fail to help.

For those who enquired about the 1LE caster bushing, I haven't seen a "moog chassis parts" or any other OES equivalent around. If anyone spots this, and NOT the regular replacement, please post the information. If there's absolutely no availability, then I have an idea like some have mentioned over at www.frrax.com to have a "custom manufacture run" of them made. Just entertaining the idea though.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dave B
Just found my old parts CD. The parts manual denotes you need that exact part number for the nut when ordering the 1LE arm.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have searched around and CAN NOT find anyone selling 1LE parts on the internet. Any help?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

i just got some for $170 a piece. they came with the ball joints and control arm bushings. pm me if you want the link.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JamRWS6

Any other items besides the ball joint nut that aren't a direct replacement?

Thanks!
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Been away for a bit.

ILE front LCA's 52367658 L side 52367659 R side.

Castings are the same as stock. Rear bushing is very different from stock. Front bushing looks the same but may be different durometer.

Got them from my local dealer who got them from Lansing Michigan. Cost was crazy high, even by CDN standards and after my "personal" discount. Previous set was about 1/2 price. Remember to get the different ball joint nut (still can't believe it doesn't come with one)
Old 07-31-2009, 11:31 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Im confused. Isn't the ball joint part of the upper control arm?

Anyone have links or pics of said 1LE control arms and the differences.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Both lower and upper control arms have their specific ball joints.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

back from the dead...

so does anyone have pics of the differences?

thanks
tony
Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Bumpity bump bump.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question for folks with 1LE front LCAs