Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lower car or not for track ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower car or not for track ?

Should I or could I lower the car (2000 Z28) if I'm planning on seeing alot of track time in the future with slicks ? I was thinking about the Eibach pro kit but after thinking about it not sure if I should do this. Mini tub's and cage are planed for the future so I don't want to mess anything up so help me out guys. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is probably not the best idea to lower your car on pro-kit springs if you are dead serious about drag.

If the car is for drag only and will see limited street use, look at drag springs / shocks.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A suggestion for you!

Hello
You might have a difficult time transferring weight and keeping the tires planted. But the solution for that would be seeing how you are going to be mini tubing the vehicle and if it is going to see a lot of time at the track I would suggest just keeping it a stock ride height and an going with a front coil over set up and good rear shock combo to eliminate any of your weight transfer problems. And as long as you have the suspension parts that you need such as a Adjustable Torque Arm, LCA's, LCARB's you should not have any problems with traction. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has too offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...e1ji8r6mo5n6c1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks Again
Brad