Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No OD after shift kit install

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No OD after shift kit install

After doing a transgo hd2 (minus the 2-4 servo on the outside) it seems like the tranny is a real dog. Plus, it won't give me overdrive. It seems to be in 4th gear but I'm running 2500 RPM at 55MPH with 3.23s.

Also, if i manually put it in 1st gear, it won't roll, then when i give it some gas it seems to "break loose" and start rolling. By manually shifting it shifts great, chirps tires, etc. But i still have no OD. Which is pretty important when you live 40 highway miles from the track and DD the car.

Any insight fellas and ladies?

On a side note, i did the 3 spacers for shift firmness, followed the instructions to the letter, and double checked it all twice.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Also does not downshift automatically, when doing 55-70 and I go WOT, it doesn't downshift like it used to. I'm trying to think of any other info I could give. I drilled out the holes in the separator plate to the larger of the two specs.

I still have torque management engaged (never had it tuned).

The not rolling in manual first gear is the only definitive issue i can see, If i give it just a tap of gas it "breaks loose" and rolls fine, but if i shift it back to reverse or park and then back to drive, it doesn't roll. If i put it in D it moves fine but seems sluggish. It seems like something is "stuck".

I'm really tempted to take it to a shop and say "fix it" but then I'm afraid I'm looking at hundreds of bucks to fix some stupid spring or whatnot.

Last edited by Gatsby; 07-22-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Launching!

So you didn't touch the 2-4 servo??? Why not? Did you put the VB bolts in exactly where they came out? Since you obviously missed something during the install, I would take it back out and double check again. Remember 2 of the springs are white so make sure you didn't get them mixed up. Also, 3 spacers in the 1-2 seems is alittle much IMO. I used 1 and have a 3000stall. Shifts plenty hard but not parts breaking harsh.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I would check the 1-2 and 3-4 acumulators, Missing accum pin possible causing the band to always be applied.in particular the 4th accum as if applied through that circuit you could really only create 2nd and 4th gear . and manual 1 would be like brakes applied. The pin may have fallen out during assembly. You will need to remove vb to see .

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Okay, i'm an idiot and feel stupid. I dropped the pan and filter and started undoing the wiring, and someone had conveniently unhook one connector already. The male end was in the female end but not "clicked". I attached it, hooked it all up and it's beautiful. With TM still active, my shifts are awesome. 3 spacers is not bad at all (maybe i'll think again when i get TM off). At the track just now it kicked the rear out a little on the 1-2 shift. Loving this kit.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help. Commence pointing and laughing.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatsby
Okay, i'm an idiot and feel stupid. I dropped the pan and filter and started undoing the wiring, and someone had conveniently unhook one connector already. The male end was in the female end but not "clicked". I attached it, hooked it all up and it's beautiful. With TM still active, my shifts are awesome. 3 spacers is not bad at all (maybe i'll think again when i get TM off). At the track just now it kicked the rear out a little on the 1-2 shift. Loving this kit.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help. Commence pointing and laughing.
It happens to everyone one time or another. Something I've done more than once, is missing one of the terminals when plugging up the epc. I check them two or three times before I put the pan on now.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

I double checked the bolts ten times but the wiring harness I figured was click and done....i just didnt do the click part.

Oh well, better that than some mystery problem that takes days and hundreds of dollars to fix.