Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny/Upsetting story about my magnaflow hi-spun cats

Old 07-22-2009, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Funny/Upsetting story about my magnaflow hi-spun cats

In January I built my own TD setup with the magnaflow hi-spun cats and sweet thunder mufflers (which are for sale right now) and am now going with a different setup. About 2 months after I setup the system my passanger side cat started rattling like crazy, as if the brick was loose inside the cat. I didnt feel like messing with it at the time because I just setup the exhaust and was looking up warranty info. Anyway, a few months of driving with that rattle it just disappeared and never came back. (all this time was about 1k miles)

Here today I am removing the xpipe because my new setup is coming in the mail today and I look in the pipe just out of curiosity as to why it stopped rattling. Only to find the brick is no longer inside the cat, and then i look in the other cat on the other side and its still there. Im guessing that after it became loose it was bouncing around in there and just slowly deteriorated and is no longer there.

Just thought that was a funny story to share and also a for-warning to not purchase that product lol.

Last edited by twitchtwice; 07-22-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

that sucks dude.....
Old 07-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well at least it didnt cause any damage. i worked on a friends Camaro one time that the brick came loose and completely clogged up the exhaust on that side, over heated the motor and fryed it.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

thats why I don't have cats.

the new setup from TSP looks good, and if I was doing it all over I would be picking up their catted y-pipe
Old 07-22-2009, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
thats why I don't have cats.

the new setup from TSP looks good, and if I was doing it all over I would be picking up their catted y-pipe
thats acutally what i put on my car today. amazing setup, if it was out when i did this earlier i would have went with it.

eh it doesnt suck to much man, i was taking it off anyways, just thought it was funny lol
Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Tough Mudder

I saw a Thunderbird blow out it's catalytic converter not too long ago. It was night and pretty!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hilton
I saw a Thunderbird blow out it's catalytic converter not too long ago. It was night and pretty!
Haha well for all i know mine was nice and pretty too when it happened. But im assuming that with my bullet type mufflers the residue was able to exit without causing any damage, and without me knowing. haha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Funny/Upsetting story about my magnaflow hi-spun cats