Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers on 2000 LS1 - missing fitting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers on 2000 LS1 - missing fitting?

I ordered some (name withheld) headers and catted y-pipe for my 2000 LS1. The headers came with 2 AIR/EGR fittings, but there are 3 connections to the stock manifolds (1 driver side, 2 passenger side).

Is this pretty much standard for emissions headers?

My mechanic advised me that deleting the AIR/EGR system will cause me to fail the emissions tests in my area (Ontario, Canada) due to the NOx readings going way up. So, that really is not a valid option for me.

Any suggestions on a simple resolution? I am currently trying to work it out with the header manufacturer......
Old 07-22-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

pretty sure my ARH headers had 3 ports but i removed the air and egr at the sme time(wish i would have got the no emmisons ones)
Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most emissions headers will come with 3 provisions. Possibly if the headers are designed for a 01-02 car they will only have 2 since those cars don't have EGR. You could always remove the EGR and tune the car. Might call the manufacturer and see if they were supposed to come with 2 or 3 provisions. That would probably be the best/quickest solution.

Jon
Old 07-22-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you ordered or they sent the wrong ones.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally I ordered another brand through a board sponsor, but they were out of stock and availability was "unknown", so I went with the ones I have now. The sponsor ordered them on my behalf. However, after speaking with the manufacturer, they have said it looks like they missed something when it was made.

Mostly I just wanted to confirm that it should have come with 3 fittings, which is the message I'm receiving so far.