Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finished my hci swap on my 99 m6 SS

Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post Just finished my hci swap on my 99 m6 SS

first off let me put what i have : i did a Comp cams 224/232 585./ 591. lift @ 113 , 80mm Throttle body, Weiand lingenfelter polished intake, 85mm Maf & Lid,Ls6 243 heads(with triangles under the d port exhaust) with upgraded springs from voodoo good for 600 lift, comp cams 7.400's pushrods, ls7 lifters,longtube headers with kooks offroad y pipe, and loudmouth exhaust, ford racing "green top" 42 Lb injectors with high flow billet fuel rails. Trans is a beefed up stage 2 tickshift tranny with Ls7 clutch ls2 flywheel package. Now for my story /slash question. i started it up this past weekend about 3 or 4 days ago and comp cams told me to use the engine break in additive with valvoline racing oil 50W with the added Zinc. i started the car and let it idle above 2,000 rpm for a while on start up then drove it for a while of course i checked for leaks , etc. and drove it home 15 mins away. my concern was that i know its untuned and its not gonna run good till it gets tuned but the car is surging like crazy and the accelerator stays up when i drive it takes a while for it to come back down its very sensitive and the tranny has like a spinning noise when i press the clutch in to shift dont know anything about bleeding out lines or any other break in" procedures or things that im suppost to let happen during the break in process. also some guy told me that i have to much injector for my motor but my friend who is running a blown gto told me the injectors can be scaled and that those injectors are perfect for what im running and there is no reason for me to get rid of my green tops will the tune take care of my worries with the car ? Any help is appreciated . i got most of my stuff from texas speed and thunder racing so if any of the techs will chime in
Old 07-23-2009, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

You definitely do not have too much injector. I would call LMR or G Force in Houston for a tune unless you plan to tune it yourself or have a buddy do it.

I don't know if I would be driving it around much if any with your car untuned for the injectors.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

u should def post a vid
Old 07-23-2009, 03:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You really should get it tuned for the injectors. And that will fix your surging problems. The high idle could be tun related or a vacum leak somewhere.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

The only place I would drive it is straight to a Tuner. They will fix all the problems, hopefully
Old 07-23-2009, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Default Yep

i will definately post up a vid of the car asap i wish i would have had a video camera when i had it open header it sounded demonic lol it still sounds effin loud with the loudmouth catback and kooks offroad Y
i am looking towards lmr for my tuning needs and hopefully everything goes well

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just finished my hci swap on my 99 m6 SS