Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

2000 b4c asr??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2000 b4c asr??????

i have a 2000 camaro b4c and am very very confused about weather it has or does not have traction control. i was installing my headunit and i noticed a wiring harness for the traction control. seeing as how i didnt have a switch i went out and got one and hooked it up but it doesnt work! so i went under the hood to look for the fuse. its labled etc but the terminal was empty. so im wondering if my car comes with it? and if it doesnt is there anyway to get it on my car?
Old 07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

well the wiring isnt all there is to it. There is a traction control box under the hood with the throttle cables going into it that "takes" the throttle away from you to stop the car from spinning. Then it has individual wheel speed sensors located directly behind each back tire to sense individual wheel spin. ABS only cars only have one sensor which is located in the center chunk of the rear end and thats to detect wheel lock-up for braking. Also the axles have the corresponding gears for the outboard sensors to read speed. Outboard wheel sensors serve for ABS and ASR at the same time. Plus throttle cables are different.