Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

which rear end should i go with MOSER, STRANGE, 8.8?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which rear end should i go with MOSER, STRANGE, 8.8?

which rear end should i go with MOSER, STRANGE, 8.8?
I need to get a rear end. BADLY! I am spraying a 150 shot dry on a stock rear and gear. I cut a 1.899 60 ft which is the best i could cut in fear of breakin my rear end. I am running 7.58 in an 1/8th. I know its just a matter of time so i am goin to go ahead and order a rear end. Now with all that said. Which rear end is the easiest to install, Takes the least amount of work to install and is basically a direct bolt in replacement. I want one that shouldnt break and that i will have the least amount of problems with. This is also my daily driver. Should i go with the moser 12 bolt, moser 9 inch, strange 12 bolt orwith the custom built 8.8 rear end. I need ALOT of input on this guys. This is alot of money for me to dish out. I just want to get the best product for the money. Also what options should i go with on each rear end? I have a 6 spd with ABS and TCS. Thanks

PS Also do i really have to worry about breakin my driveshaft? I have heard some say yeah and some say no. I have a spec stage 3 clutch so i am realy not worried about the clutch. I plan on leaving the line around 5 grand or better and i would like to spray off the line if possible. Come on now guys help me out!

Engine:
QTP LT headers w/ merge collectors, Lane's true duals,MTI clear air box lid w/ K&N, Whisper Motorsports ram air induction, Baffles!, 160 degree thermostat, air temperature module, descreened MAF, Black MAF ends, NGK TR55’s, MSD 8.5 plug wires, ASP
underdrive pulley, NOS #5177 kit , NX purge kit, NOS remote bottle opener, and MSD window switch.

Appearance:
Silver grill inserts, diamond clear corner lenses for front and rear, Trans AM valvestem caps, harlan shift light, Custom Trans Am WS6 FRC’s, Folia-tec red painted calipers w/ chrome Trans Am decals, chrome decals,BFG KDW 275/40/17’s up front, Nitto 555r drag radials in the back, and lots of Zaino, SLP car cover.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:33 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manufacture wasn't my top priority . Cost was . Also Iwanted a ford 9. Used them for the last 20 years. There tough durable and canbe rebuilt athte house on the kitchen table. Though I wouldnt recommed that.

Moser had the cheapest forrd 9 housing and axles
4x4 specialties had the cheapest 3rd member
Thunder had the swaybar relocation brackets.

Quick Reply: which rear end should i go with MOSER, STRANGE, 8.8?