Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to step up to bigger nitrous system, need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default About to step up to bigger nitrous system, need advice.

I currently have an all forged HKE 347 bottom end with 9.2:1 compression built for a turbo setup that will hold over 1000 rwhp. I want to be able to keep my spray when I get the boost going as well. I am currently running a 150 dry shot (175 being the threshold for my current fuel/MAF setup). Until I can fully afford the turbo setup I want, I figured I could go ahead and up the spray to have some more fun in the mean time.

First off, I am probably definately going to go ahead and get a dedicated fuel system so that that won't even be an issue. I have heard that big nitrous setups are really better suites for higher compression and that piston gap of
my dished pistons might be a bad thing under heavy spray, is that really the case? I think I could get away with a 200 shot no problem but would a 250 be pushing it?

The next big question is should I step it up and go with a plate kit or simply a dual nozzile setup on the bellow? I have read mostly that the plate is the way to go but someone also told me that they have a tendency to burn up plugs. Also, is it really worth it for me since I will probably just move down to something like a 75 shot once the turbo is on? Most people say Harris Seed Works makes the beat plate but Nitrous Outlet told
me that their's was good for over a 300 shot.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Teching In

What are the numbers on motor?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who ever tolds you a plate burns up plugs needs to figure out how to tune a nitrous motor because that is simply not the case. It is something called operator air and not understanding how to tune.

I would run a plate over a dual nozzle for simplicity, function, and it just makes it look better. Im pretty sure hsws plate can go that high but not too sure. As for the motor and holding up im not to sure so I wont help to answer that.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1GEARHEAD
What are the numbers on motor?
Car made 449hp & 414tq to the rears with the M6 on 87 octane fuel. I haven't had it on the dyno yet since the recent 4L65/4k stall swap.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:52 PM
FormerVendor

As for how much you can spray, Id call up eric and HKE and see what he recommends based on piston choice and ring gap. I doubt you'll have a problem going to 250.

As far as i know our Brute Force plate is the highest flowing plate on the market and you could spray that much. I dont recommend it though, when getting to 225-250+ i do suggest a direct port. A dry direct port with our interface controller would actually work really well with your setup. A wet system would work equally as well but costs a bit more. Since you'll eventually be running a small shot i think the dry would work great. Also, and i consider this the most important thing. You would be wasting your time getting a dedicated to eventually go turbo. I would suggest upgrading your current fuel system as if you are putting on the turbo now. This way it will support a dry system and fill your needs once you go turbo.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I'll neeed to go to a 3 bar map as well
huh
Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the same question I have. I build my motor to put a Procharger in it.

4.00” STROKE
3.905” BORE
9.1:1 COMPRESSION
383 CU IN3

• Stage 2 heads
• 220 Comp Cam
• Clevitte cam, main & rod bearings
• Eagle 4340 4.00” stroke crankshaft
• ATI damper
• Eagle 6.125” connecting rods
• Diamond pistons & ring set
• Ferrea intake & exhaust valves