General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car Starting Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Starting Problems...

OK I need help. My Car randomly will either not register when i put the key in and the alrm ill go off and then car will not start or if i leave the doors unlocked off and on the entire car just will not start either as well off and on. I dont know what the problem is. I replaced the starter because it went bad but that is not the cause. Any ideas? Its like the car does not recognize the key is in the ignition, you can turn it but nothing will happen. LMK thanks guys
Old 07-24-2009, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

when you turn the key do lights come on? or nothing works at all?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:33 PM

dude i had the same problem with the whole "car wont start when key is turned" i went to orielly and bought a new sensor thing and all it was was that the ******* thing juggled loose behind the clutch that senses the clutch is in all the way, then orielly wouldnt take it back cuz its electronical and i walked out of the store with it.. damn i was pissed but oh well it was only 17 dollars
make sure your sensor behind the clutch is plugged in for starters
Old 07-25-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What exactly happens when you try and turn the key? Are all the lights on in the dash and car and when you turn the key it does nothing? If so, it could be a problem with the VATS.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Def gonna check the clutch and ill let you knw if that was it. When i put the key in and turn it everything works...lights, dashm head unit etc. Just the car does not start when u try to start it. I just take the key out and then try again and repeat until it turns on when it wants to lol