Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

GTO spare wheel for track use.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO spare wheels for track use.

I bought a set of GTO/Corvette spares to use on the front of my T/A(with new rubber). Are any of you guys using them on your LT-1 cars? It didn't seem like it wanted to mount up right. Do I need to machine the hub opening to make them fit up to the rotor tight? Thanks.

-SS

Last edited by hotrodscrap; 07-25-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know there are folks running GTO spare wheels on f-bodys, anyone? Thanks.

-SS
Old 07-26-2009, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There was a thread on this like 2 days ago. A) They are so heavy they are not going to be much better off than your stockers, and B) GTOs use a diff lug pattern than F-bodys, so of course they are not going to fit.

If you want a skinny setup for the track, do it right. Using spare tires from a vehicle with a slightly diff bolt pattern is pretty trailer park.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2004 GTO spare fit on my f-body.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camaro396
There was a thread on this like 2 days ago. A) They are so heavy they are not going to be much better off than your stockers, and B) GTOs use a diff lug pattern than F-bodys, so of course they are not going to fit.

If you want a skinny setup for the track, do it right. Using spare tires from a vehicle with a slightly diff bolt pattern is pretty trailer park.
I wasn't planning on using the tires, only the wheels. It has been done on here, for corvettes, and I've seen f-bodys too. The small amount of times I can go to the track don't justify a lot of money spent on new "track only setup rolling stock" Your car looks badass, is it driven daily on those wheels tires?

-SS
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is .65 mm difference. They are not a huge difference in bolt pattern, but enough that you should not force them on.

The bolt pattern on a GTO is 5x120mm, the bolt pattern on the 4th Gen is 5x120.65
Old 07-26-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hotrodscrap
I wasn't planning on using the tires, only the wheels. It has been done on here, for corvettes, and I've seen f-bodys too. The small amount of times I can go to the track don't justify a lot of money spent on new "track only setup rolling stock" Your car looks badass, is it driven daily on those wheels tires?

-SS
If you don't spend alot of time at the track, why even bother with a set of track wheels?

IMO the time spent mounting them to go to the track and back isn't worth it to save maybe a tenth if you're lucky.

And I like track times done in street trim. I want to know what my car will run as I drive it everyday, not what it'll run with lightweight track only wheels, slicks, etc.

Quick Reply: GTO spare wheel for track use.