Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Flashing Security Alarm Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Flashing Security Alarm Light

I've surfed the web looking for a simulated flashing security light, but haven't found anything I like so far. Does anyone know of an aftermarket kit that can be installed in the dash, that looks like an armed security system?

Old 11-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

How about finding one of those simulated alarm kits that has a remote LED and then hooking it up to a GM LED instead? This would make it look like a factory alarm system. The factory LED plugs into the dash next to the automatic headlight sensor (beside the defroster grille). The LED part number is 10257168 and the connector is 12101848. Connect the dark green wire to positive and the black wire to ground.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the part numbers WhiteBird.

If I went forward with your suggestion would the flashing LED be on all the time, or just when the car was turned off? Wouldn't I need a switch to turn it on, and off?

Old 11-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Well, that's what I meant by finding one of those simulated alarm kits. Find a kit that has an LED that is not mounted in a box or on any kind of frame (i.e. the LED should be by itself and just connected with wires to the switch/controller). Cut the wires to remove the LED from the simulated alarm and wire the factor LED in its place. This will give you the switch and the blinking the same as the simulated alarm but with an LED that looks like the factory alarm.

Better yet, why not spend about $75 and upgrade your keyless entry system to be an alarm system? The DEI Hornet 700T module will upgrade your factory keyless entry system to be a complete alarm that still uses the original equipment remote key fobs. It can be wired into your car without cutting a single wire and you could use the included LED or wire in the GM LED if you wanted. I mean - if you're going to spend money to fool people into thinking you have an alarm, why not really have one?
Old 11-19-2003, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for setting me strait!