Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Todays project: Corvette interior revive on a budget!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Todays project: Corvette interior revive on a budget!

Okay so after all my parts and materials finally came in, I tackled the long hard revamp of my vettes interior! Total costs 645.87! Now tell me that's not a steal lol. Okay so I hated the all pewter, not mainly because of the color, but it was old already and lacking that appeal I want in my vehicle. I am a nitpicker. My car has to be flawless Nah but I want her to look nice inside and out.

Step 1: Tear down
Step 2: Sound/heat barrier
Step 3: Seat tear down
Step 4: Memory foam install (I may have put too much lol)
Step 5: Reinstall and touch up

Long story short It took a while. Its was tedious. There were times I wanted to chunk something across the shop. I may have put too much memory foam, But its comfortable lol. I didnt use any heat (yet). I may work on them tomorrow and get the wrinkles out. I may just take the top off and let them bake outside the shop in the sun.. I dunno. I was tired and ready to get home.

Final thoughts: In person it looks way better, Now I like it even more. It was a budget project which I think for the money, was successful. Went for a ride after I washed her off, Thoughts: Cabin heat is reduced, road noise also. Its night and day. Seats feel great. Could use some more finessing, and curse words. I will get to that tomorrow lol. I love it. I have mixed emotions on completely removing pewter from the interior. Maybe adding some suede accents. Like my GTO. Who knows. For now I am satisfied.

Pics in order from beginning to end! I will pull out the Nikon and get some good pics next week

Old 07-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Launching!

not trying to hate..but its still a stock interior. you should have gone with some racing seats or something if you wanted more comfort.

as for the other stuff, redline goods on the big vette forum sells a complete leather interior kit for 180.

i made a thread here titled (updated pics etc...) check it out, thats how you can do your interior on a pewter car. i did it for a total of 800. granted, i traded my stock seats for the caravaggios, but the rest of the stuff was 800 ish.

just a thought and my opinion.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Launching!

All input is great. I didn't want racing seat though. I like how it came out and am happy. I will def check out everything you mentioned! I didnt think my 645 was bad considering I bought all the black carpet in mint condition, loyds matts, seat covers, new foams, memory foam, and all the supplies to do the heat/sound barrier crap lol..
Old 07-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Banned

Good job!

I think a new carpet kit alone costs more than your entire project! Thanks for the thread, might help someone else with decisions.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Yeah no problem, thanks for the feedback!! If anyone wants to try what I did I can lead you in the right directions on getting it done cheap. Especially seat covers. BUT, they are not supporting vendors so I cannot openly discuss these places !

Quick Reply: Todays project: Corvette interior revive on a budget!