Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need input on finishing Zex piremeter plate setup!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need input on finishing Zex piremeter plate setup!

Got the plate in and i need some input on what all i need to get to complete the plate to my existing wet kit. Right now i have a basic NOS wet kit that i had on the car when i had the LS6 intake setup. Now im going to convert it to the Zex plate for my victor jr intake setup. All i got was the plate and 3 sets of jets with no lines to connect it to my selinoids.

From what i gathered i need 2 short lines to run from the plate to my noids and i also thought i remembered reading about guys putting a Y block on the setup because it was the better route than the T block and i also need to get a selinoid bracket to complete it,probably the harris speedworks big/small bracket? Any info or pictures would help.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Give me a call if you need anything Scott. I'd be happy to help. I may have some stuff laying around too.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

I'm fixing to undergo the same thing. I ordered the complete kit though so I'm sure mine with come with bracket to mount the noids. But had I just ordered the plate, I would probably make some type of bracket that would bolt down to one of the studs on the on the flange or the bolts to hold down the intake manifold and just mount the solenoids to that. You should be able to use the same lines from your NOS kit. Instead of them going to the nozzle you had before, they would just hook up to the plate instead. The only thing I'm concerned about, is what jets to use. These plats are for carbs and are supplied with jets for low psi. Make sure you do some research to find out exactly which ones you'll need if you want to run it with stock fuel pressure. I'm just going to save up for a stand alone before I bother spraying it so I don't have to deal with that. Plus I'll be needing it for when the bigger motor goes in and I bump up the shot anyway.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
Give me a call if you need anything Scott. I'd be happy to help. I may have some stuff laying around too.
Thanks chris but i already had most everything i needed to complete the nitrous plate conversion. Nitro Dave is sending me some brackets to finish it up.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rmata
I'm fixing to undergo the same thing. I ordered the complete kit though so I'm sure mine with come with bracket to mount the noids. But had I just ordered the plate, I would probably make some type of bracket that would bolt down to one of the studs on the on the flange or the bolts to hold down the intake manifold and just mount the solenoids to that. You should be able to use the same lines from your NOS kit. Instead of them going to the nozzle you had before, they would just hook up to the plate instead. The only thing I'm concerned about, is what jets to use. These plats are for carbs and are supplied with jets for low psi. Make sure you do some research to find out exactly which ones you'll need if you want to run it with stock fuel pressure. I'm just going to save up for a stand alone before I bother spraying it so I don't have to deal with that. Plus I'll be needing it for when the bigger motor goes in and I bump up the shot anyway.
I'll check that out.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

No problem. Give me a call if you need any input.

Search this Thread