General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Smoking O2 sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Smoking O2 sensor?

So I replaced both upstream o2 sensors in my T/A before we headed to the beach a few weeks ago. The driver side one smoked a bit after I installed it. I assumed I just got some **** on it and it was burning off. However over 200 miles later, it's still doing it! I haven't gotten under there yet but I zip tied all the wires far out of the way of the exhaust. I don't have a CEL on and the car runs fine. So what the heck is it? It wasn't really loaded up either with anti-sieze so I know it's not that. It's definitely something burning though. Thoughts?
Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

you sure you don't have any other leaks?... my steering rack started leaking pretty bad right after my header install and when i made turns it was squirting power steering fluid on my driver side header which caused it to smoke... at first i thought it was the oils that are on the headers from the factory but after awhile it was still doing it so i looked and found the leak... replaced the rack and all is good
Old 07-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by neutron82
you sure you don't have any other leaks?... my steering rack started leaking pretty bad right after my header install and when i made turns it was squirting power steering fluid on my driver side header which caused it to smoke... at first i thought it was the oils that are on the headers from the factory but after awhile it was still doing it so i looked and found the leak... replaced the rack and all is good
Interesting. I'll look into that.