Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lowered?

Hey guys, I bought my car almost a year ago from a good friend. When he ordered it new from the dealer with FG-2s, he also had the dealer install some aftermarket suspension. He's not a real technical guy and he can't remember what they did...

Now the car definitely looks lower than stock, but it's far from slammed. I love the ride height and additional handling capability. I can't see any markings on the springs or anything and I am curious if anybody could help tell me what they are? Are there any tricks to finding out what could have been done? Attached are a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails Lowered?-side.jpg   Lowered?-sidep.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like stock ride height to me..... the front sits pretty low on all the cars and the rear doesnt seem any lower then normal. maybe im wrong but it looks stock to me. if it has springs then its prolly .1 inches lower because i doubt a dealer modified the bushings to get the true lowering due to the magetic ride control
Old 07-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Launching!

All I know is that it was a dealer aftermarket thing. I realize there is probably no way to tell, just wasn't sure if there was something "common" that the dealers can do upon request. I know all the performance mods were done at the same Caddy dealer.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by madmaro00
Hey guys, I bought my car almost a year ago from a good friend. When he ordered it new from the dealer with FG-2s, he also had the dealer install some aftermarket suspension. He's not a real technical guy and he can't remember what they did...
Your V doesn't look lowered.

I think the confusion is all about the FG2s. Yes, he ordered the car with FG2s, but they come shipped in the trunk of the car and the dealer has to install them, they are not installed at the factory.

The installation he remembers is probably just those shocks.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you had springs your front tire would be slightly tucked

So go get some springs , If you like the ride height now you will shat a brick if you lower it
Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CTSV_510
Your V doesn't look lowered.

I think the confusion is all about the FG2s. Yes, he ordered the car with FG2s, but they come shipped in the trunk of the car and the dealer has to install them, they are not installed at the factory.

The installation he remembers is probably just those shocks.
That sounds like the answer there, thanks. Not knowing everything about a car I own bugs the crap out of me.

I don't ever plan on lowering it, the roads here in WA suck.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madmaro00
That sounds like the answer there, thanks. Not knowing everything about a car I own bugs the crap out of me.

I don't ever plan on lowering it, the roads here in WA suck.
With H&R the ride doesnt change that much at all. And i live in a rural area roads really suck and it has not posed a problem yet... also I have yet t find a drive way that made me scrape either.